5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, everyday cooking... I love it

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners
Published on Sept. 2 2011 by Julie A. Conover

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, everyday cooking... I love it, Nov. 5 2012
This review is from: In My Mother's Kitchen (Hardcover)
I bought this cookbook because of friend of mine works with Trish and my husband knew her growing up (from camp). It has become a staple in my household. The recipes are simple and delicious and every one I have tried has turned out wonderfully. Being a new mom, I am especially thankful for the fact that most recipes use ingredients I always have in my kitchen. Thanks Trish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliably delicious, May 17 2012
K. Read - See all my reviews
This review is from: In My Mother's Kitchen (Hardcover)
I got this book out from the library and once I tasted a few recipes, I had to buy it. Every recipe I've tried has turned out deliciously. It seems all my favourite meals are in here, along with many I've never had, and she does them so beautifully. I can't wait to try Trish's take on all of them! Inside, you'll find recipes for Family Granola (awesome!), Spag Bol, No-Fail Roast Chicken, Virginia's Meatballs, Friday-Night Burgers, Mom's Stuffed Tomatoes, Mrs. Wendy's Chocolate Macaroons, and Best Ever Cottage Chocolate Chip Cookies, to name a few. The Homemade Chicken Stock recipe is now a staple for me! Love this cookbook!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring back memories, May 6 2012
This review is from: In My Mother's Kitchen (Hardcover)
I never usually leave reviews but I thought I should because I really love this cookbook. It's not a cookbook for seasoned cooks who are looking for new ideas. The recipes remind me of my childhood and are updated versions of the ones I grew-up with and learned from my mom and grandmother. I have 3 kids and many of the recipes have been winners with my kids which makes cooking meals a whole lot easier. I have made a third of the recipes so far. This is a great gift for someone who is new to cooking or someone who just wants good food without all fluff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Recipes, July 15 2011
This review is from: In My Mother's Kitchen (Hardcover)
This book celebrates family through food, and includes childhood favourite recipes that have been tweaked and modernized for today's cook. The design is littered with family pictures and beautifully photographed food, giving the book a light and airy feel while clever design elements such as the antique appearance of the paper compliment the fact that these recipes have been passed down through generations. I truly enjoy Trish Magwood's recipes, and this book definitely lived up to my expectations. The recipes are reliable, simple, and a true celebration of food.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, Sept. 2 2011
Julie A. Conover (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In My Mother's Kitchen (Hardcover)
I really like Trish Magwood and I am a big fan of her previous book. The only problem I have with this book is that is recycles many recipes for those of us who know how to cook. I absolutely will pass this book on to my daughter as she leaves for university - but for me it's a case of "been there done that". If you are a seasoned cook then this may not be for you - but if you are a new cook, just learning, or want to refine some of the techniques you may have lost, then get this book.

In My Mother's Kitchen
In My Mother's Kitchen by Trish Magwood (Hardcover - April 20 2011)
CDN$ 39.99 CDN$ 31.99