5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Canada, We stand on guard for thee, March 11 2012
This review is from: March Forth: The Inspiring True Story Of A Canadian Soldier's Journey Of Love, Hope And Survival (Hardcover)
Oh Canada, We stand on guard for thee. Do we? Do we really? Then it is time for us to step up and be there for our troops who have served us around the world.

Trevor Greene stepped up in the role of which I am most proud when I think of the Canadian Forces; that of the men and women who put their lives on the line in order to preserve some semblance of humanity in the world's most chaotic and strife-torn areas. I would be purchasing and reading this book with pride in his accomplishments (and humility in the knowledge that I, lacking the courage required, could never do what he did) even if the awful life changing event had not occurred.

From the moment he was attacked, the book becomes something larger than a memoir (and more difficult to read through the tears). Co-authors Trevor and Debbie Greene bring us inside their world - changed and challenged by one child of religious zealotry, but sustained and regained through their love.

At first it seems that Trevor's recovery is impossible and one must wonder from where Debbie finds the strength and determination to hold onto a vision of a future that includes Trevor in any capacity. And that, for me, is the value and impact of the book. Debbie finds those things in her love for Trevor, his love for his fellow man, and their shared love for their family. Trevor returns to their world in painful and valiant increments with Debbie's determination that there is a life to be lived together and the assistance of medical professionals who point to the next victory. It becomes clear that the attack could not extinguish that core of strength in Trevor - the same strength that had him offering his life to a purpose greater than himself in Afghanistan is the one that brought him back to his family and, through this book, to the world that he continues to impact.

This book makes me believe in the power of love over hate. It is the evidence I need. I read this book and find myself loving Trevor and Debbie. I want you to love them too.

But in a broader sense, I feel that this book is a call to Canadians to heed the words in our anthem. We as Canadians must become more demonstrative of our support for those who have placed themselves in harm's way in our name. We lost 157 very important Canadian lives in Afghanistan, but thousands more like Trevor have returned to us and it is time for us to stand on guard for them.

You can start by buying this book and taking the journey of Trevor and Debbie Greene.

4.0 out of 5 stars March Forth, Oct. 18 2012
Very informative about the regeneration of the human brain and the influence and tenacity of his wife for a recovery that promotes living.

5.0 out of 5 stars March Firth, April 7 2012
This is one of the warmest, most touching book that I have read in many years. The strength and determination; especially on Debbie's side is truly amazing! I'm very proud to be a Canadian and impressed with the services of the likes of Trevor within our Armed Forces however, I believe that if Canada wants to be in Afghanistan it should be as peace keepers only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration for living!, April 5 2012
A story everyone should read about the power of overcoming adversity & finding strength to move forward against all odds.
Reprogramming the human brain is an amazing thing to see. I volunteer as a tutor at a Scotish Rite Learning centre & we work with dyslexic children by reprogramming their brains so that they learn to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely inspiring, March 21 2012
Absolutely incredible story, unbelievably inspiring. I highly recommend this book. Although i had seen the documentary Peace Warrior, this book adds an added dimension to that very good documentary. I am amazed at the stamina resiliance courage and perserverance of both these people. Debbie Greene left no stone unturned in assisting in and seeking help for Trevor Greene's recovery. Considering she had no medical background previously I found her tenacity, initiative and ability to help orchestrate his subsequent recovery truly amazing. This is a beautiful story of the power of love, and determination and 2 people who have done something absolutely extroardinary. Read this book and be inspired ! I wish them and their family every blessing for the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read - couldn't put it down., March 23 2014
This review is from: March Forth (Paperback)
for anyone who has a family member with a brain injury it will be helpful to follow the progress - so please read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't say quit, Sept. 7 2013
Douglas Setter (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Reads like an adventure novel even before the Afghanistan mission. Here is where a humanitarian soldier gets dealt betrayal from the very people whom he had sought to help, protect and bring fresh water to. A teen taliban attempts to kill Trevor with an axe to the skull, leaving the young infantry captain practically dead. His rehabilitation then becomes the real story of overcoming the odds. I was ever amazed at the persistence and dogged determination of Trevor and his wife, Debbie. Yeah, sure, there are the inspiring stories of survival and athletic feats. But, this story blows the doors off of how medical science, faith, and shear will of effort can literally bring someone back from death.

5.0 out of 5 stars Story of a great adventure but an even greater love, March 12 2013
Chose this because it was about a Canadian soldier but couldn't put it down because it was inspiring in universal terms.

CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80