4.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRATIONAL!!
Published on Nov. 8 2011 by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars inspiring
Arlene Dickinson shows he keen business sense in this book, but more importantly she shows her human side, her understanding of people and how to treat them in order to have influence on them, without being manipulative. This is a rare quality which serves her well. Like all true leaders, she understands the need to treat people she meets as THE most important person in...
Published 8 months ago by David Oickle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRATIONAL!!, Nov. 8 2011
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
Evolution of a human being. Started from nothing and became something. I LOVE IT!! I loved reading her life story. This book showed me how hard Arlene actually had to work to get where she is. Most people that want to be rich expect it to be handed to them. This book is some what of self help book, however it is interesting to read how Arlene puts her spin on subjects/situations, and lessons learned. Arlene is a intelligent beautiful, attractive woman inside and out and a great contributor to the world, Canadian history, and society.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will help businesses succeed!, Dec 26 2011
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
I received this book as a Christmas gift and enjoyed reading it from cover to cover in 24 hours! The book was full of strategies any leader, entrepreneur, business owner and marketing professional could put into practice immediately. Arlene eloquently captured the importance of basic business principles such as trust, authenticity, reciprocity and relationship.

Through Arlene's story and business experience she openly shares some of the challenges she overcame, mistakes she made, and lessons learned along the way. These were incredibly valuable as Arlene identified what many entrepreneurs are thinking or feeling, but are unlikely to seek help so therefore go through business and challenges alone. thank you Arlene for capturing the discussions that matter and need to happen.

There is a quote that there are clues left by successful people. Arelene is a great example of a successful business woman and community member, the clues she leaves are in the form of practical tips and actions.

Businesses who apply Arlene's human approach to business will be well served!

Charmaine Hammond
Author, Professional Speaker,[[ASIN:0983604509 Toby, the Pet Therapy Dog, and His Hospital Friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book., Oct. 8 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. If you want to make changes in the way you approach situations in your work and personal life this could be the book for you. The only thing you need is an open mind and a willingness to really follow Arlene's suggestions. Being a fan of Dragons Den I could hear her speaking through the book in the same language she uses on The Den. She is truly a person with integrity and passion both in business and life. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a blueprint for personal growth.

4.0 out of 5 stars for success not only in business but also in coaching sport, May 16 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
Clear and simple read. From the heart, her own experiences. Well structured from learning how to figure out who you are to serving a pitch.
Works for me, I coach cross country skiing. There are a lot of similar challenges in sport and business. Highly recommended to read for coaches who feel they need to get ideas across athletes and other coaches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Common sense and light book, Nov. 9 2013
This review is from: Persuasion (Paperback)
A very light and pleasant read. Good for someone young entering the world of business. Are you going to learn the art of persuasion.... No.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW what an excellent book!, April 12 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
I found this book hard to put down, as I'd expected would be the case. Arlene Dickinson writes how she speaks,& how she presents herself on "The Dragon's Den," and that makes for a captivating audience. I am not a business woman, but found her angle of using this book's title "Persuasion" in everyday aspects of my life quite meaningful & relatable (& ethical). How can you not admire her approach & attitude to life & business? She is interesting, inspirational & honorable! I am so glad I bought this book, it was so enjoyable to read.{I would be interested to know who sells more books, Arlene Dickinson, or Kevin O'Leary(?!)}.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like she is chatting directly at me..., Jan. 20 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
Arlene wrote an amazing book, written in real words to real people. This book is not a bunch of business mumbo jumbo, but a guide to lifestyle change.

I am not an avid reader, but this book has me on the edge of my seat, wanting to read more and learn more. And I can think of at least 3 people close to me who could really use a boost out of their individual black hole (I am a thrifty girl, but can't wait to send them all a copy of this book).

As for me, this book has come at a point where I feel trapped in my own black hole. I know I have the tools to build happiness, and I am quickly learning how to PERSUADE myself that I will be ok with the decisions I make.

I'm excited, I'm energize, and I'm so happy to have bought Persuasion.

4.0 out of 5 stars To read and re-read !, Aug. 9 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
Persuasion is an easy read with a lot of real-life examples. There is something to take away from this book, whoever your are and whatever the field you work in. Arlene Dickinson teaches us that persuasion is about being authentic, not about deceiving others. She shows us how to approach situations and people to have win-win results with the best possible outcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hated to put it down, March 12 2012
This review is from: Persuasion (Hardcover)
An entertaining combination of self-help and business advice with an interesting personal story. Arlene Dickinson gives great advice on the art of negotiating while sharing her candid personal journey toward success. I truly enjoyed it!

Nadja Piatka
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, May 17 2014
This review is from: Persuasion (Paperback)
The book is awesome used some of the her teckniques and I find it works! Would recommend this book to friends and coworkers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Persuasion
Persuasion by Arlene Dickinson (Hardcover - Sept. 2 2011)
CDN$ 32.99 CDN$ 20.68