5.0 out of 5 stars the Monk without his worldly possessions..
It is a great story so far and I am sure I can turn someone on to the book and its teachings.
Published 10 months ago by cheryl margolies

Published 14 days ago by Mar Fernandez

3.0 out of 5 stars but…its a little bit more of the same stuff (as expected) some parts were a little boring to me and all in all is more of ..., Oct. 9 2014
The book is somehow inspiring and from a literary point of view quite surprising, I found some passages as the ones describing Istambul very well written, but…its a little bit more of the same stuff (as expected) some parts were a little boring to me and all in all is more of Sharma's basics, i.e.: be good to you and to others, make the most of your time…Is a sort of guide to live a meaningful life and I guess gives good ideas of how to do so.
For me, the most remarkable feature of the book is how he links the virtues and the places, though as spaniard myself I have to say that his account of a taxi driver from Barcelona sounded to me as Science Fiction, as I NEVER in my life met such a nice, generous and honest taxi driver… sounds quite funny….!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Julian sure gets around!!!, June 16 2014
This review is from: The Secret Letters Of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (Hardcover)
An enjoyable if somewhat predictable read. Similar in style to the Celestine Prophecy and The Young Traveler's Gift. This book provides thoughts to put into our daily living.

5.0 out of 5 stars the Monk without his worldly possessions.., Dec 8 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Aug. 27 2013
Love the book and have bought more of his books. I enjoy the thoughts he shares and the way in which he shares them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it, Feb. 12 2013
My daughter-in-law highly recommended this book but I was quite disappointed. I pretty much assumed what his ah-ha advice would be. I found it very slow and pointless to tell the truth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Important Message, But No Great Revelations, July 9 2012
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This book uses a format which is hardly unique. That is it tells a story, almost a little morality tale, and blends in various universal truths or lessons. There is nothing which is new or unique in these 'revelations', but it is fair to say that it does not do any harm to remind ourselves of them once in a while.

The story revolves around a salesman who has clearly lost his way in life and has lost his sense of what should be his priorities. He is sent on a mission around the globe to pick up nine different talismans from diverse places, each of which has a message attached to it. As a story, it is not the most riveting, but I have read worse. As a travelogue it is actually quite interesting in parts and the few places which I have visited are described in a way that I would consider authentic.

As previously mentioned there are no great revelations here and most of the message is common sense along the lines of relentless pursuit of material wealth does not bring happiness, confront your fears, make progress one step at a time etc. This is the fourth `monk who sold his ferrari' book by the author and I imagine that whilst the first may have had an impact, the subsequent offerings have been a restatement, with slightly different presentation, of the same core material. Not having read the other volumes, this may be somewhat judgmental and rather cynical and I stand to be corrected by someone who has read them all.

This is not the first of this sort of book which I have read, and all in all I was a lot more enthusiastic about The Celestine Prophecy. However, clearly there is a demand for the Monk since, apparently over five million of them have been sold and I imagine that for certain people, if they read it at a particular stage in their lives, it could be quite pivotal in refocusing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful again!, Jan. 14 2012
Again, Sharma has given us insight and the gentle reminder as to what an authentic life is and how we sabotage ourselves.
Short, with little gems to reflect on during the read.
The only disappointment with any of his books is that they have ended!

The Secret Letters Of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
The Secret Letters Of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma (Hardcover - Oct. 19 2011)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80