5.0 out of 5 stars Decisions. I made the right decision, I read this book
Published 17 months ago by Rita DeLongchamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Comments on the Book
Published 15 months ago by Bobby

5.0 out of 5 stars Decisions. I made the right decision, I read this book, Nov. 2 2012
This review is from: Decisions: Making the Right Decisions, Righting the Wrong Ones (Hardcover)
I just finished reading the book "Decisions" by Jim Treliving. He is the man behind Boston Pizza and now Mr. Lube and a co-star on CBC's Dragons' Den. I started reading about his childhood in Verdon, Manitoba, then about his career as an RCMP in the north than Edmonton. Since I connect to these places I was hooked. I even occasionally stopped to make notes in my journal. I continued to read about his first Boston Pizza franchise in BC, his expansion to the rest of Canada and ended with his expansion in Texas and Mexico. Lo and behold, I had finished the book in two days and had two pages of notes from his checklists to decision making. I borrowed the book from the library and now I want to buy it. If you are interested in business, entrepreneurship, Canadian franchises or in making better life decisions this may be the book to fire you up.Decisions: Making the Right Decisions, Righting the Wrong Ones

5.0 out of 5 stars I would suggest that every Grade 10 student in Canada should read this book., Feb. 22 2013
Reg Nordman "(K)nights on the Road" (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
The author , one of the founding Dragons on Dragons Den (CBC) is also a founder of Boston Pizza, Mr Lube and several other businesses. His straight shooting style is evident on TV and in this book. When you read his book you feel that this is a very trustworthy guy who worked really hard to get to where he is. I would suggest that every Grade 10 student in Canada should read this book. We can not all be entrepreneurs, but we can all be upstanding contributing Canadians. Good read - perfect for a three hour flight. If you have a Canadian business and are thinking on expanding to the US - read his experience and heed the advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, a must read!, Nov. 10 2013
Jim's outlook on decision making is impeccable for people of all ages, and should be read by anyone 15 years of age or older. I wish I would have read this 5 years ago. I have nothing bad to say about it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decisions, decisions. Jim Treliving of Boston Pizza and Dragons' Den can help you make them, Sept. 23 2013
Too many business books are built around a good idea or two and take 300 pages to unfold. Not this one. Treliving has had an interesting life, from his boyhood in Virden, Manitoba, to 10 years as an RCMP officer to building one of Canada's most successful companies -- Boston Pizza. And he addresses an important topic that isn't discussed enough -- how to make good decisions, and move on. I would recommend this book to anyone struggling with a career decision including high school students, university graduates and anyone asking themselves whether they're in right job.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for entrepreneurs and anyone who has courage to change & create the life they want to live., March 6 2014
Treliving, is clear about what he looks for in people,location & product. He states where these skills were honed, & situations that led to their development for use in business.
I particularly found the focus on fear and decision helpful. Make a mistake - face it - do my best to get through it. Most important learn from it.
The greatest gift from the book to me was its validation, feel the fear and navigate through it ....like playing golf - one hole at a time.
I am so happy to read that Canada has an increase in pattens & entrepreneurs. There is no one who I meet that thrills me more than an entrepreneur . Every entrepreneur has an awesome story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book and easy to read., Aug. 25 2013
Jim Treliving's book is a very good read. I have very much enjoyed the book and the experiences that he has shared. I have recommended this book to friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comments on the Book, Dec 29 2012
I was disappointed in this book although a few good points were written for success. It was more of a brag book about the RCMP career in which Mr Treliving chose not to remain in. If the RCMP was so good, he should have stayed there. The book would have been more educational if he has provided those lessons instead of bragging about the RCMP on every page. I hope he can write another book without constantly building up his past career.

ARRAY(0xa5c5df84)

Decisions: Making the Right Decisions, Righting the Wrong Ones
Decisions: Making the Right Decisions, Righting the Wrong Ones by Jim Treliving (Hardcover - Aug. 27 2012)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80