Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on June 16, 2011
I'm at the last chapter of this book, and I've really enjoyed it. I'm an experienced game developer so most of the concepts were not new to me, but the "XNA way" was. This book gives a great overview of the most important aspects of XNA, and I believe it would be a good book for a complete beginner to game development as well (providing they have some experience with C#). The author describes basic concepts in game development as they're introduced in code and that is why I think it would suit aspiring game developers well. As for developers who already have experience writing games with other languages and toolkits, this book is enough to get you started writing games with XNA. It does not cover every aspect of XNA in detail, but leaves you with a strong foundation and enough knowledge of XNA that all you should need is a reference manual such as Microsoft's MSDN. In addition to covering the content, the author sprinkles in some humour and makes the example games interesting.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again