Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on December 27, 2011
As noted on the cover, that book should have been in the box. In fact, this is by far the most complete and detailed book on Mac OS X Lion I have yet seen. It may have come a little late compared to some editions, but the delay was meant to include a complete chapter on iCloud. And the wait was worth it.

It is my second Missing Manual on Mac. I really like the concept. And those who know David Pogue's style won't be surprised by his humor. They will find clear explanations of all the features of Lion, more than 250... We've all read all sorts of tips and comments on Lion on all sorts of websites, but here all that information is well organized, easy to find and easy to understand. As always, Pogue makes a good use of illustrations and put a special attention to use only the ones that best suits its objectives.

I particularly appreciate the section on iCloud. All you need to know is there, clearly explained .

Mac OS X The Missing Manual is, in my opinion, the definitive reference on Lion and I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. I even think of getting the digital version, just to be able to access its content from my iPad.
on January 5, 2012
This book is very informative and a 'must have' item for using Mac OS X Lion. It has lots of information. I'm still not finished reading it and I refer to the book often. I bought 2 copies -one for my grandson and one for myself.
on December 15, 2011
I have purchased theses manuals before and find them very helpful. I keep them handy and use them often. It came quickly and saved me a trip to the store.
on September 18, 2013
I have found "Mac OSX Lion" by David Pogue to be a wonderful reference book. I intend to buy his books for future operating system upgrades.