4.0 out of 5 stars Dilbert meets Oatmeal
Published 22 months ago by A. Volk

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes a good gift I guess
Depending on the age of the person, this book is ok. Once you're done flipping thru it in 10 minutes, you might as well re-gift.
Published 2 months ago by Chester Lampwick

4.0 out of 5 stars Dilbert meets Oatmeal, Oct. 22 2012
A. Volk (Canada) - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (#1 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You (Paperback)
This book is a book about cats. How to tell if your cats is plotting to kill you (start), how to tell if your cat is gay (end), and what Bob the cat would do at the office (middle). The first and last parts are classic Oatmeal gags that remind me of the demotivational posters that you find on the Internet. I really enjoyed those parts, five stars. The middle part about Bob the cat at the office was a little over the top, and reminded me of Dilbert crossed with maybe South Park. Or something way out there. Maybe it's because I don't work in an office any more, but I didn't really enjoy the middle as much, so I'd give it 3 stars. It does have a nice poster at the end of the book, but I do wish the book was a little longer and the jokes were a little more varied.

Overall then, this is a four-star book for me. For Oatmeal fans, it's definitely at least that. For cat lovers, it's also probably at least that. As I said, the whole book is basically a series of cat jokes. I've had a good cat and two psycho cats, which is why I'm not a big cat lover and which is why I probably enjoyed the humor in this book. So if you like cats or Oatmeal, this is probably a safe buy. If you're looking for general humor and don't like Dilbert or cats, then this is probably not the book for you. Even then though, you should probably at least sneak a peak from a friend or something because the first and last parts of this book are very funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic as always, Nov. 2 2012
the oatmeal once again hammers it home with a very humorous and insightful look into the world of cats. i have followed this guy for years and am always happen to see new stuff coming from him. this is just another example of his fine work
purchase is a must

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Plotting, Nov. 13 2012
Hillarious...... I couldn't put this book down and read it from cover to cover in less than a day. If you love or have cats, it's a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Nov. 7 2012
I read great reviews about this book so I purchased it. Upon seeing the book and starting to read it I really won't sure what to think. The More I read the harder I laughed. Having had cats for the better part of 25yrs so many things were so "real" from a hilarious perspective. If you have a cat get this book. It will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, Dec 23 2012
J. saunders "tooonztrains" (North Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
If you are a cat lover this book is for you. Very funny and nicely illustrated. Caution: This book will have tears rolling down you cheeks at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent research, Dec 18 2012
I grew-up in a state of warfare. There were always cats in the house and knowing what I know now, I feel lucky to be alive. While I read the Oatmeal online frequently, I was very pleased to note the original research and information provided in this book. I like to support the scientists who bring me so much laughter so I'm happy to have bought this textbook. Hopefully we'll all learn more about our cats' "homicidal psycho" tendencies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny book!, Dec 14 2012
I had a lot of fun going through pages of this book. Great book to leave on a table and check whenever you're bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, Nov. 22 2012
I got this for my boyfriend who always says our Cat is plotting to kill us. I havent read it myself yet but my boyfriend has said he loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Oct. 23 2012
Awesome book. Definitely recommend. It's funny and hilarious and a good follow up to how to punch a dolphin. Love the oatmeal.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You, Jan. 21 2013
You will definitely laugh out loud everytime you'll turn a page! It's probably the best book I've ever read about cats. So funny, so true!

How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman (Paperback - Oct. 9 2012)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 8.08