biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on January 16, 2016
Not quite what I expected but what a great novel! I had a difficult time putting it down. It was quite empowering!
on December 4, 2015
Very fast shipment. Received as advertised.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 1, 2015
The Dovekeepers is my absolute favourite adult novel. The writing is so rich that I felt like I was in Ancient Israel and when I finished the book, I felt homesick for a country I have never been to. You will feel like you are in Ancient Israel, running from fear and enemies and fighting for your life. This book is narrated by four women, not all of whom are likeable but all of whom will stay with you long after you put the book down. This is more than just historical fiction - it is also a part of the magical realism genre, making the book suitable for lovers of history and fantasy. It's very rare that I give a book 5/5 stars, but I don't hesitate to give The Dovekeepers a perfect score. This book is beautiful, tragic, painful, and moving. I recommend it to everyone who likes history, magic, action, and love.
on September 6, 2015
While our group found the names of all involved confusing , we (our book club) found the novel complex and compelling.
on August 8, 2015
Very interesting story: well written and with fascinating and strong women. Amazing what hardships they had to deal with, without losing their spirit and their resilience. Interesting in terms of history as well
on July 23, 2015
Enjoyed the novel immensely
on June 20, 2015
Very slow start - I was hoping it would be more historical in nature, but the romantic interactions took over a great deal of the novel. The last quarter of the book was the most interesting.
on June 18, 2015
Interesting read about Masada and the people who we under siege there. Good character development. Each section almost reads like a short story but each chapter is neatly tied into the whole.
on June 2, 2015
very good and interesting read
on May 26, 2015