Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on May 12, 2004
I have recently just started reading Clive Cussler's series of books about Dirk Pitt and his adventures. This is about the 5th book I've read in the series and I have loved every book so far, and this book is no exception.
Treasure includes everything you would expect from a Dirk Pitt novel; action, suspense, mystery and comedy. I loved all of the action and suspense, which was on almost every page of the book, plus I was able to laugh at the jokes and humor in the book. It kept me reading the book for hours at a time, never able to put it down.
If I had to pick out the worst points in the book, I would choose the parts that had to do with politics. I found those parts to really bore me. I would rather read more about Dirk Pitt and his adventures than about politicians in Washington having a meeting. But those parts only do show up a few times in the book so it's not too bad.
Overall Treasure was exciting and like most of Clive Cussler's books, was a great read. Now on to the next Dirk Pitt adventure!
on October 18, 2000
Wow! What a premise...what if the biggest and best treasures of the Alexandria Library were spirited away and hidden someplace NOBODY would EVER think to find them...? We are talking about THE greatest artifacts known to the ancient world, and could they actually be in TEXAS?!? Well that is just a PART of what is happening here. A fanatical Mexican leader is brewing up a volcano that is about to erupt on the American/Mexican Boarder with potentially catastrophic results. But this too is just a PART of what is happening in this wonderful novel. As usual Pitt comes across an amazingly terrible bad guy (I just wonder HOW Cussler makes these guys even worse than the previous guys...) who is not above ANYTHING to get what he wants. The difference here is that we don't have just ONE bad guy, but TWO. From our first meeting with Dirk Pitt's Father (Senator Pitt) to a hair raising will-they-make-it-or-won't-they death trap at the bottom of the world aboard a cruise ship that literally disappears...if you wanna know more, you just HAVE to pick up this complex thriller. A bit more than the usual plot-twisting for Cussler, but don't worry, he doesn't fail in his resolve to give us what we want: a FUN BOOK TO READ. Way to go Clive! As far as reading this book goes, JUST DO IT!
on October 3, 1999
I have just read it for the second time and it once again proved to me that Clive is one of the best writers in the world. The story line is unbelievable - A rich family is trying to take over Mexico and Egypt, to do this they have to kill a lot of people, but guess who comes to save the day, Dirky!. As the story unfolds, a treasure so important is intorduced, the GREAT LBRARY. (The treasure has to do with not only the bad guys but also the plot!!) Anyway, tonnes of action in between and the story rolls along and as usual an absolutely ammazing ending - eg, over half a million mexicans charging the U.S army!! An acient Roman soldier appears and almost saves the day, the greatest trick of them all! If you read it you will never want to watch a movie or read another book unless it is about this book!!
on July 8, 2000
Treasure is by far one of the best adventure books ever written!! I don't think there was a boring spot in the book. A plane crash in Greenland... The discovery of an old Roman ship carrying history in its cargo hold... An awesome car chase down a ski slope... A hijacking of a cruse liner holding the presidents of Mexico and Egypt hostage... The discovery of the Alexandria Library... Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants flooding into the American southwest... and finally Dirk face to face with his enemy( or should I say enemies). If you don't take my word for it, then read it and see for yourself. There are just a few flaws in grammer, but otherwise it is a GREAT read!!! Read it, or you will miss out on a truly great book.
on January 23, 2002
I picked this up again on a second-hand book shelf in a local hospital having read it when it first came out. Fourteen years later it hasn't lost any of its appeal. Brilliantly narrated with quick precise action, the James Bond-esqe 'joie de vivre' and panache of Dirk Pitt means he is the modern Indiana Jones. The plot weaves as intricately as ever from the Roman galleys in Tunisia to modern day Mexico without any let up. The formula is the same as ever, the results we already know but it's how Cussler delivers his hero's victory against the odds with his faithful sidekick and NUMA friends that makes these still readable after all this time
on May 18, 1997
Who else but Clive Cussler could weave together a place crash, an ancient shipwreck, an international terrorist who hijacks a cruise ship and the world leaders on board, the attempted overthrow of the Egyptian and Mexican governments and a vast treasure trove hidden for centuries into a pulse-pounding, heart-stopping thriller. Cussler is at the top of his form with this entry in his best-selling Dirk Pitt series and Cussler's hero out does James Bond, Indiana Jones and even Sherlock Holmes in his quest. Pour yourself a tequilla-on-the-rocks with lime, kick back and discover this "Treasure."
on July 16, 1998
Being the first cussler book I read, and reading it after reading entire Jack Ryan collection by Clancy, I was skeptical. This book was something that blew my mind. I enjoyed reading it, and the humor that was inserted was something that gave the book a really light touch. The detail was riveting, and the way the story unfolds with such realism was a great refresher for me. Cussler's books, a cross between Clancy's political aspects and James bond's espiuonage really won me over. I am now on my second, flood tide, and am 3/4 the way through it in just over a day. This book is great.
on March 25, 1999
Two words, Dirk Pitt. Dirk Pitt is the true action adventure hero. An American James Bond you could say. In Treasure Dirk Pitt goes up against the most feared, and respected, assassin in the world. Also at the same time he is in the middle of a search for the treasures of the Library of Alexandria, and is worrying about his own love affairs. I think this book is a spine tingling thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. If you like Bond movies, or any other espionage/action flic, you will love this. Make your next book Treasure, by Clive Cussler.
on October 21, 1999
I absolutely positively love it! It has just enough politics to match in with action, and the plot is great: I tried to guess what would happen next but didn't really succeed at anywhere else but when the Ibn guy entered the cave at the end, where I just guessed that it was him who entered and not one of the soldiers. Anyway, I recommend this to anybody who likes good plots... it's like an Agatha Christie with a lot of action put in.
on February 15, 1998
This was a great story!!!Although this was the first book i've read from Clive,the story was so brilliantly place together,an archealogical find in ice capped greenland to discovery of how the roman empire was expanded beyond what the history books tell you.Don't forget the attempt to kill Hala kamil,mexican president Delorenzo.The only fault with this book was at times the story can get unbelievable,but still this was a great story.