Published on April 17 2011 by Kid.Canada

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd hoped for
I was very excited to read this but when I tried the diet I found the meal suggestions to be VERY tasteless and VERY restrictive in terms of what you can eat especially during the 1st week. If there is no taste to food, there is no way I will be successful. So, back to the WW plan. It might take longer to achieve your goal but at least on that diet you can eat anything...
Published on Nov. 3 2012 by NorNor

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're committed for following the program, you will drop pounds fast!, April 17 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results (Hardcover)
I purchased this book on the suggestion of a friend. I'm a 28 yr old male, 5'10" and started at 251lbs. Clearly I had a lot of weight to lose and it was time to stop putting it off. The program consists of three-17-day cycles followed by a maintenance plan. The first cycle is clearly the hardest and is somewhat of a cleanse, although the ability to eat unlimited veggies and lean meats meant that this isn't your typical starvation/crash diet.

I will admit, the first two days were rough. Even though I was eating tons of chicken and turkey, I had hunger sensations for about 48-hrs. After that my body adjusted and it was very easy to stick to the diet. My wife and I both committed to following the program to a tee, and it helped that we had each other to keep each other honest and not cheat. To be honest, once I saw how quickly the pounds started falling off, no craving could overcome my desire to reach my goal.

I am currently on cycle 2 and 21 days into the diet. I've lost 19lbs and it's noticeable on my face and waistline. I have tons more energy and I'm enjoying life more than I used to. In those 21- days, I haven't even stepped foot in a gym, just 17min of walking a day. The only downside is that now when I put a suit on for work in the morning, I look like a child wearing his father's clothes.

Buy the book, don't make excuses as to why you can't give up certain foods for a month, and watch the pounds fly off. It works, it's done in a healthy and safe manner, and you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, April 16 2011
This book was great and wasn't all that hard to start or follow, the first 17 days I lost 15 pounds and after a few days I didn't really miss all that gross food, I was putting into my body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diet!!, April 18 2011
My last 10 pounds have been hard to lose before the 17 day diet. Now the weight is melting away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results, May 29 2011
I didn't think this diet would work like many others but fortunately it does.I have great results since 1 month on it and I am continuing for an other month.I should reach my goal by then.Thank you Dr. Moreno

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works for me!, Feb. 3 2012
Kathy Bellamy "Najla Bell" (Windsor, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine has been on this plan for over a year and lost 50 lbs! She looks and feels great and found this plan simple to stick with. I bought the book and lean on her for motivation, it's like she's my diet sponsor. The plan is simple and makes sense. I know that when I eliminate "white stuff/certain carbs" from my diet, I can lose weight. They big thing for me is to have plenty of cooked chicken breasts in the freezer and when I feel hungry, I eat one of those (I actually cut each big breast in 3 long fingers before cooking). I also like Dr. Mike's hunger guage... with 1 being, I'm kind of hungry and 2 being, I could eat my own arm off! He says, eat during level 1. If you wait until you are at level 2 you could fall into wrong choices or overeating.
This is a plan you could do long term and by that, I mean lifetime. Note, you will have to set some time aside for food prep if you are normally away from home. I have not had any processed or packaged food since I started. Go-to food in restaurant? Big salad with O&V dressing and chicken breast.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, June 26 2013
I borrowed this book from a friend, tried it, lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks, and bought the book to have as a reference for future use, which I have done on occasion. Easy to follow diet plan, you can eat what you what in each cycle, no calorie counting. For someone who has tried many different plans, this is the first one that works. While it seems to be written for women, and I (a man) am no fan of salads, I still managed to keep full and tried some of the recipes suggested. It is now 3 months since I finished, and the weight has stayed off, in fact I am done an additional couple of pounds by just following the maintenance cycle. The easiest diet plan I have tried, and it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet |Works, July 5 2012
N. Haraldsson (Cobourg, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I think this diet works because it is not too restrictive. You just have to give up starchy carbs for 17 days and then you can add some back in. It is in 4, 17 day increments so it is not hard to stick with. The fourth one is basically maintainance. I have tried many diets that worked for a while and then were too hard because life gets in the way. People always are trying to encourage you to eat stuff you are trying to avoid. This diet chops it up into short doable stints. I recommend the workbook because it makes you accountable and helps you figure out where there are roadblocks and how to overcome them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovering Carbaholic, May 15 2011
My sister started this plan about 3 weeks before we did....and, at her encouragement, I ordered the book. For the past year, I have changed the way I eat, made exercise a part of my life, and I lost 25lbs.....then I plateaued. My husband and I are now halfway through the 2nd cycle.....we feel great! I've lost just over 10lbs, and my husband's heartburn has all but disappeared.
The plan is easy to follow, most of the food is easy to find, and there's plenty of room for substitution to tailor it to your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 17 Day Diet, July 27 2012
I purchased The 17 Day Diet book by Mike Moreno on the recommendation from someone who had previously followed his diet plan. What a great investment!!!! Since ordering and following the diet with great results, I have not only recommended it to others, but have also ordered further copies for family and friends. It is an extremely good read and so very easy to follow. The people I know that are now following his diet, are finding the results they were so desperately looking to achieve. I am happier with my self than I have been in years. Thank you Mike Moreno.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous diet that actually works!, Aug. 19 2011
My husband and i decided we needed to lose some weight. after seeing this diet on dr. phil, we decided to try it. we bought the book, and began the diet. we love it. you eat real food that you buy at the grocery store, and as of today(day 20 on the diet), i have lost 16 lbs! the great th ing is that unlike other diets, this one is sustainable. it teaches you to eat properly, and once you lose the weight, creates a workable diet tha t you can live on and not feel deprived. we are totally satisfied with this product.

The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results by Dr. Mike Moreno (Hardcover - March 15 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01