5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect item for the Star Wars fan
This is by far the most "Star Wars Geek" centric item I have based on Star Wars.

First off the Case

The first time it opens at the touch of a button with a whoosh and a blue light you will be amazed. The actual physical case is well made with this brushed metal feeling (its high quality plastic though).

The Goodies in the Case...
Published on July 30 2011 by Brian Edey

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about.
Published on March 17 2011 by Bill Sussman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about., March 17 2011
While this "vault edition" of The Jedi Path is a nice collection it is over-priced for what you get. The leather book binding itself is fantastic, the paper is unique, and the hand written notes found on the pages from legendary Jedi Masters is a nice touch. However the other "trinkets" that come with the book are cheap and resemble something you would get for a quarter from a toy machine in the shopping mall. The "vault" in which all of this comes in is also kind of cheaply made. The plastic is flimsy, and the automated doors occasionally fail to work. While this would make a great gift for avid Star Wars fans, I found it to be somewhat of a letdown for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect item for the Star Wars fan, July 30 2011
Brian Edey (Canada) - See all my reviews

First off the Case

The Goodies in the Case

From the patch, to the Padawan braid, coin, etc all of these are very nice. Nothing special but are interesting to look at. Perhaps 1 day I will frame them some how.

The Book

The book is excellent. From the materials it is made with, the quality of the paper, the binding, the art work, the little notes made by Jedi and Sith in the page margins all add to this... many of the Jedi are well known (Yoda, Luke, etc) but some might not be unless you are really into the EU.

5.0 out of 5 stars the jedi path review, Dec 13 2010
the jedi path vault edition had arrived with everything listed. all of the items enclosed were of high quality and as seen in pictures. the book itself is very nice and well made. the vault itself is made in high standards and is very cool for the effects it uses when opened. would definitely recommend to anyone who is star wars fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars goofy fun, March 30 2012
This review is from: Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (Hardcover)
I bought this to see just where the development of the 'Jedi' story line had grown to. It is a fun romp that is for sure. I am also glad I got it on sale. If you are a Star Wars uber-fan this is probably high on the list of must haves. If you are an occasional observer then this is a fun romp into total fantasy and for what it is worthit. And the production value of the book is nice. I don't know how to grade such stuff so 4 out of 5 puts it above average because of the frivolity. If you have a few bucks to throw at silly and you like Star Wars stuff, then go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book/package for a much better price!, Aug. 9 2011
I've been looking at this box since 2 - 3 months that I stumbled upon it. It was 149.99, and I was really ready to buy it then since I'm a big fan of SW.

But got convinced to wait... I guess the Jedi path does prove useful after all... patience my young padawan... good things come if you have the patience... I will be recommending this to my peers as soon as I get to work tomorrow...

The quality of the box isn't as cheap as the other reviews made me think, it would have been nicer that the droid sound was synced with the actual spring to bring the book upwards but its no biggie..
Quality of the book itself is amazing, it reminds me of my Halo Reach Legendary edition's diary (Dr. Halsey's Journal) which I believe is completely worth it. The amount of effort put into it is really astonishing.

I would have loved to see a small Holocron in the box just as a crazy idea... maybe a piece of well cut glass reflecting a blue light inside a small box...

Anyway awesome buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it, May 2 2011
Definitely a must have little addition to any SW book collection. There's lots of interesting things in it, and the 'commentary' from each of the previous owners of the book is laughs all around. All of the little extra goodies inside are also pretty sweet. My only complaint is that I thought the book would be bigger, size wise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it to me, Jan. 25 2012
Brian J. Potter "GnarkillXIII" (Kitchener, On Canada) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine had the Jedi Path book and showed it to me, now I happen to be a huge Starwars nerd and have an awesome girlfriend who has allowed me to place the vault on display for visitors to see. So to me the Vault Edition was worth it . It makes a great converstation piece, when people come over and point and ask what it is I tell them to push the button and all questions are answered. The construction of the vault is good, the doors and platform on the vault are hydraulic which impressed me. It is plastic so don't expect it to last through countless years of galactic conflict. But overall I would recomend this to my hardcore Starwars friends, but to anyone who has just seen the movies I would recomend that they just buy the book.

-XIII

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift Idea, Jan. 11 2013
My husband is an avid star wars fan. We found the Book of the Sith at a comic convention. Tried our hardest to find the Path of the Jedi within our city. No such luck.
Finally tried to do the online thing and hurray! Found one here on amazon. Husband had no idea it was coming. Opened his present Christmas morning and was completely shocked.
Great delivery time, great service and the package wasn't damaged at all. I highly recommend this product to those few who truly respect the Jedi way! Just having the book was ok,
but once you get the Vault Edition, it just seems that more real!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, horrible price, Feb. 17 2012
I bought this to go with my book of sith... I paid 100$ wich is REALLY overpriced. The book itself is GREAT but the vault is not worth paying 100$. It is cheap, it doesn't work well.

But what is really frustrating, is that I waited before buying this to see if I could get a better price. I finally bought it and once I received my package the price dropped to 60$. I'm not happy at all with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the right version of the book., Jan. 12 2015
This review is from: Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (Hardcover)
I bought the book as a gift and it is interesting. Just a warning though, the product description mentions a bunch of removable items that is only for an alternate version of this of the product. That is all fine and well except the warning "--This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition." does not show up when viewing and purchasing through the mobile app, so just be aware of that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force by Daniel Wallace (Hardcover - Aug. 24 2011)
CDN$ 27.95 CDN$ 17.52