countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on April 14, 2004
Not my usual fare, but I bought this one because the premise sounded too intriguing to pass up. Although I've never met people with such "dramatic lives", I still found that I couldn't put the book down. This was mainly due to the mystique of how Reginald Brooks would reconcile the mounting conflicts from his decade-long deception and the fun of trying to find out which family he'd wind up with in the end. I would recommend this novel for readers and anybody who loves an eventful novel.
on May 15, 2004
Picked up The Great Pretender on a whim after reading what it was all about. The description is right on the money with what I was expecting, and what I wasn't....
It had me glued to my seat trying to figure out what was going to go on with Reginald and the rest of the families. This was a great read and you'll see! Just when you think you can predict what's going to happen, the end leaves you with your mouth open and needing a sequel. I was left a bit disappointed in the end because I wanted more...
on June 30, 2004
My wife gave me a copy of this book, and to my surprize it was very good reading. The only thing that was out of place is that this book and its content seemed too real.As a child a family in my block had this same thing happen to them.When the father died his other family came to the funeral. The book kept me interested and was full of twist and turns. Miss Black keep up the good work and get another book out soon.
on August 7, 2003
This book kept me turning the pages from beginning to end. The characters were fascinating and often infuriating. The plot was a fascinating idea that the author developed expertly. Some great suprises along the way this book is anything but predictable. A great debut novel and I can't wait for Ms Black's second book.