5.0 out of 5 stars He's not an actual doctor, but who wouldn't want advice from him?, Oct. 22 2011
Tommy Sixx Morais (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy: Advice from Rock's Ultimate Survivor (Hardcover)
On the surface it seems rather silly that someone would ask advice to Ozzy Osbourne; an original member of Black Sabbath, successful solo artist and reality TV dad. Yet when you think about it, Ozzy being alive is a miracle from a medical (and human) point of view. The Madman is known for his substance and alcohol abuse. But he also survived a lot, emotionally and physically from the death of guitarist Randy Rhoads (whom he described as "God entering my life") to almost dying in a quad bike accident in 2003. Ozzy was approach by London paper The Sunday Times to write a column each week and answer questions as "Dr. Ozzy". It's an interesting concept and while it may have failed with any other rockstar, with Ozzy it works. Osbourne answers questions but mostly they aren't specifically about medical health, they're more varied and real-life issues. I read this book in an afternoon looking for a way to kill time while waiting since I had some time to spare. I must admit that I wasn't expecting too much out of "Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy: Advice from Rock's Ultimate Survivor" but it was a much more pleasant read than I imagined it would be. I enjoyed Ozzy's first book "I Am Ozzy", which was more of a biography but still ended up enjoying this second book just as much. "Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy". But not only is a collection of articles, there are some also added content as chapters in between in which Ozzy discusses a bit of his medical history and his genome which explains why he is still alive today.

His answers are often very funny but he's also honest; sometimes he says it's best the asker (s) go see a doctor. At times his answers make complete sense and he can relate to the asker's questions because he's been through a lot during his 62 years. Ozzy receives all kinds of questions and every single answer is funny if nothing else. Ozzy also discusses his genome which explains how he managed to survive all he went through. It's the more complicated part of the book with plenty of medical terms but the facts were interesting. I loved reading the questions and Ozzy's answers but another part I really liked was the quizzes. The questions are more or less divided into chapters related to different topics. At the end of the questions and the chapter, there is a quiz. Now those quizzes are related to medical health and some of the questions are far out and their answers even crazier. I learned a lot of crazy and unnecessary facts but they sure will make for interesting conversation. For instance a question is "What did Cleopatra put on her face as part of a beauty treatment?". I could never have guessed that the answer would have been alligator feces!

I read the book in one sitting in a few hours and even if it's a little on the brief side, it's a fun and entertaining read. I can't say that Ozzy gives the best advice (and in some cases he seems to make fun of the questions and those who make them up) but he's honest and you can't fault him for that. Besides you don't think he's a real doctor, do you? Some of his advice on the other hand looks rather well-thought and is sincere. The man's been through a lot and even if most people think he's just this crazy, old character, the Prince of Darkness is funny, charming and at times even displays some wisdom. If you're looking for Oz's bio you came to the wrong place, "I Am Ozzy" is what you want. If you read his biography and are looking for more, or perhaps just curious then "Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy" is a very good and entertaining read. 5/5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great~, Jan. 19 2014
Funny and often times sensible, Ozzy does a wonderful job of handing out advice. Obviously not all answers are to be taken seriously but I was quite impressed with his common sense solutions to many of the problems presented to him. I really enjoy his sense of the absurd and the fact that he doesn't have any issues with poking fun at himself as he's making fun of some of the questions. A really enjoyable read ~ and I learned some things too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Full of Common Sense, Oct. 18 2013
G. Poirier (Orleans, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
In a question and answer format originating from popular newspaper columns, Ozzy provides advice on a variety of topics concerned mainly with health/social/psychological issues - these being sorted out in different chapters.

To be honest, I was expecting this book to be full of humour all centered uniquely on health matters. Instead, I found this book to be full of sound, reasonable, common sense advice on several topics - including drug and alcohol abuse. As an added bonus, Ozzy has included quite a bit from his own personal life experiences which makes this book doubly interesting. And the humour is there, as well! In fact, on several occasions I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.

The writing style is very clear, lively and friendly, but especially it's, well, Ozzy's. This book can be enjoyed by anyone looking for a light, pleasant, humorous and informative read - Ozzy fan or not.

ARRAY(0xb43f4e94)

Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy: Advice from Rock's Ultimate Survivor
Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy: Advice from Rock's Ultimate Survivor by Ozzy Osbourne (Hardcover - Oct. 11 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01