Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

The DASH Diet Action Plan: Proven to Boost Weight Loss and Improve Health
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$18.73+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 3, 2012
Eating healthy in my house is can be a struggle. We try and sometimes we succeed and sometimes we fail. We've got my daughter starting to try new foods and now it's time for Mom and Dad to catch up! I've heard the about the DASH diet and was interested in learning more about it. We are looking to find a diet that is easy to follow (I hate number crunching), nutritious with food that the picky eaters in my house will eat, contains various health benefits. I am not dietitians or nutritionists so I can't speak on the actual medical benefits, but I will review the book based on it's content.

The book was very easy to understand. After a quick introduction you are given a sample menu to show you what your meals should be looking like...and I can say, this is not a starvation diet! I'm a picky eater and I would say that I would eat the majority of recommended items.

There is a small collection of wonderful recipes in the back of the book, including chili, stir-frys, beans and potato fries. The recipes are easy to follow and contained ingredients that could be found in almost any pantry. We tried the Caribbean Chicken and it was delicious.

The book also contains a chapter on reading nutrition labels. This is an area that I always struggle with and the DASH Diet Action Plan book help clarify some of the things (like nutrient composition) that I have never really understood. The book offers ideas on how to stock up your pantry with DASH foods, recommends how to add exercise and make other lifestyle changes to not only lower your blood pressure but improve you health in general.

Overall I found this book really helpful and full of practical common sense information that should help you lower your blood pressure and improve your overall health.

Disclosure: I received the products mentioned above for this review. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. I cannot be held liable for lost or not received products.
on January 5, 2012
the book is very hard to follow. many meals do not have recipies to go with them. the recipies that are in the book are very hard to find in the index. they are not alphabetized in an easy to follow manner.
it is a shame because most of the meals are good. the way the book was written was poor.

i was very frustrated, as the internet download of Your guide to lowering your blood pressure with DASH was very easy to follow.
on July 30, 2014
After three weeks on the Dash diet my blood pressure is normal. 3 cheers.!