5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational. Builds upon "Think and Grow Rich".
Published on March 24 2008 by Avinash Sharma, The Yogic Manager

3.0 out of 5 stars Good motivational material
Sage words of advice on how to accomplish more in your life. My only complaint is that the whole tape seems to be narrated by Joe Slattery and it is not read nearly as enthusiasticly as the original recordings made by Napoleon Hill himself.
Published on July 17 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational. Builds upon "Think and Grow Rich"., March 24 2008
There are thousands of self-help books out in the market and hundreds of self proclaimed "gurus" who have made a living by copying the wisdom in Napoleon Hill's books. As I went through some of those books I realized that there was not much in them that Hill had not already written about. I recommend quality over quantity. Instead of reading through many books, I recommend that you study the following works of Hill and internalize his wisdom:
1. The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack (1937) - I recommend the Action Pack edition,
2. Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement - this book,
3. Your Right To Be Rich [Unabridged] - this consists of 12 hours of live lectures covering the 17 principles, that Hill conducted in Chicago in 1954.
By internalizing, I mean studying in depth - analyzing the ideas, making notes and summaries. I own more CDs by Hill, but I believe that these 3 items make the perfect study plan on the Philosophy of Personal Achievement.
This philosophy is the end product of two decades of research conducted by Napoleon Hill. His research started when Andrew Carnegie (the steel tycoon who was then the richest man on earth) gave him the assignment of organizing a Philosophy of Personal Achievement. Hill, who was a poor journalist, armed with just an introductory letter from Carnegie, set out to interview over five hundred successful people including Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, John D. Rockefeller, George Eastman, William Wrigley Jr. and Charles M. Schwab. Hill then revealed the priceless wisdom of his research in the form of the thirteen steps to success (in Think and Grow Rich) and the seventeen Principles of Personal Achievement (in courses and lectures he conducted).
This particular book goes beyond the 13 steps in Think and Grow Rich. It covers the following 17 Principles of Personal Achievement (also known as the 17 Keys to Success):
1. Develop a Definiteness of Purpose
14. Cultivate Creative Vision
15. Maintain Sound Health
16. Budget Your Time and Money
17. Use Cosmic Habitforce
The concepts taught by Napoleon Hill transformed my life. Everything he wrote about or talked about is thought provoking. He was wise, humble and funny. His philosophy is universal; he did not mix it with religion. The riches he referred to were more than money, for the Philosophy of Personal Achievement can be applied to anything in life.
Hill was well ahead of his time. "Think and Grow Rich" has a chapter dedicated to some of today's most important issues - Specialized Knowledge, Decision Making, Imagination and Organized Planning (in which he deals with Leadership). And his principles deal with Teamwork, Creative Vision, Health, etc.
I am greatly indebted to Napoleon Hill. The purpose of my writing this is to spread awareness of his work so that more people can benefit from it. This, I believe is the best way in which Hill would have liked to have been repaid.
If my review was helpful to you, I request you to select "Yes" so that the rating is improved and more readers will get to read it. Please also see the website of the Napoleon Hill Foundation, naphill dot org, which has helpful resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first true proactive success guru., April 16 2001
Randy Gilbert "Best Seller Mentor" (founder of 'BestSellerMentoring.com') - See all my reviews
"Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success" is one of those books that after you read it you begin to refer to the earlier part of your life as "before I read the book." Even before you finish reading it the first time, you will be a changed person - it's that incredible. I say first time because you will want to read it again and again.
Napoleon Hill's books have been a treasured part of my library. I've recommended this one to others countless times. I consider Napoleon Hill to be one of the earliest "proactive thinkers" in the world.
If you haven't read this book before, get ready for profound wisdom. Napoleon Hill makes it easy to understand that our thoughts are things and have God given powers, far beyond what is commonly taught by others. I can tell you from my own astonishing situations experiences that, "your success really is most definitely determined by what and how you think."
You will find that this exciting book becomes a part of you. Don't hold back - let it happen. In fact, you should spend 10 to 15 minutes every morning focusing your thoughts on the truths of this book, thereby allowing them to seep deep into your subconscious mind. If you do this I guarantee this wisdom will most assuredly bring you the success and abundance you deserve.
Enjoy the book and your new life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expands on Think & Grow Rich, July 10 2004
By A Customer
Although this book should not be compared to Think & Grow Rich, since others already have, all I add is that it expands on the content in Think & Grow Rich. Think & Grow Rich was a great intro to the 17 principles of success and has a lot of content. This book expands on those concepts. Read Think & Grow Rich first, then add this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read...., June 1 2004
Ashu Bhoot (Falls Church, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this book to every living soul on earth. Though times have changed, the principles in this book would hold true forever and are the basics for being sucessful in every aspect of life. It makes us what we call a true human being.
Reading this book would be a key milestone in your life. It not only gives the much needed peace to our restless soul but also shows how to harness the real power inside us.
Probably the best investment of my life untill now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Bible' for Success, Oct. 1 2010
D. V. Short "Enzo Short" (Orkney, UK) - See all my reviews
I was profoundly surprised to find this book being a guide to personal success for those who wish to succeed ethically. It is not a 'get-rich-at-the-expense-of-others' kind of guidebook. In fact, it mentions greed as being one of the negative emotions.

Unfortunately, the book's title, especially the spiel below it about the author having written 'Think & Grow Rich', belies its high quality of content.

An unfortunate thing about the author's life work is his ignorance about his own Western world's capitalist nature and use of money (- which should be, but is not entirely a mechanism of exchange for goods and services only). He is not alone in this ignorance, as is evident by the booms & busts brought about by the private banks' fractional reserve system of producing money and trading therein: He, amongst many others, supported the government of his time (in the Great Depression last century) in supporting the banks as they have recently been supported this century.

However, the book is not just for people who want to get rich; it is for anyone who wants to do any thing successfully as well as ethically. The chapters in the book are '
- Develop Definiteness of Purpose
- Cultivate Creative Vision
- Maintain Sound Health
- Budget Your Time & Money
- Use Cosmic Habitforce
- The 17 Principles of Success (Review)

Included on a 2-CD set (ISBN: 1905453221) titled 'The Science of Personal Achievement' (claiming to explain the 17 keys to success, but including only parts of the book's content) is the author's prayer that is worth mentioning here, and which confirms his attitude as not being one of just getting rich:

'Oh, Infinite Intelligence,
I ask not for more riches,
But for more Wisdom
With which to make better use
Of the Blessings with which
I was endowed at birth,
Through the Privilege of embracing
My own mind and directing it
To ends of my own choice.'

This is a book one can read many times over in one's life: Napoleon Hill's life work was an outcome of such infinite intelligence.
___________________________________

5.0 out of 5 stars The first true proactive success guru., April 16 2001
Enjoy the book and your new life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful book by Hill, June 10 2004
By A Customer
This book is sometimes confused with The Master Key to Riches, also by Napolean Hill but it is a completely different book.
Keys to success offers more in depth information on how to apply the 17 principles of success.
You will learn the secrets of:
* Definitness of purpose
* Creating a positive attitude
* Building your self-discipline
* Organizing your time and energy
* Cultivating creative vision
* Budgeting your money
* Perfecting your personality
* Making good health a habit
* And a whole lot more
Keys to Success is 18 chapters and 233 pages packed with powerful, life changing information. I recommend that you read this book right away with Think and Grow Rich. The mental exercises, self analysis techniques and principles as explained by Hill made a profound impact in my life and they will in yours as well.
Must reading for all serious success students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Napolean Hill book?, June 16 2004
Those were my thoughts as I was browsing books in the business section of my favorite book store. I already read Think & Grow Rich, Law of Success and Success Through PMA. What else could Napolean tell me?
This book is more like having Napolean Hill as your personal coach. It is like a written workshop with exercises and self analysis techniques. Hill also takes each of the 17 principles, dissects them and explains them in more detail than in Think & Grow Rich.
I always tell people that if you are going to buy just one Napolean Hill book, make it Think & Grow Rich. But if you are like me, if you like to feed your mind with good mental protein, then I would add this one on as well. It complements Think & Grow Rich.
For the price of a meal you can create the mental attitude of a champion. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER than Think an Grow Rich, June 4 2004
By A Customer
The book expands and updates beyond Mr. hill`s earlier book think and grow rich. Its filled with usable and valuable insights into all his success keys for riches in an easy to understand format. Contains plenty of meat with few stories, get this instead of think and grow rich.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, Dec 12 2000
Andrew Burong (Perth, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
The Keys to Success contains all of Hill's 17 principles in one book. Dr Hill's other books such as Master Key to riches mentions the 17 principles but this is the first to explain in detail each and every one.
This book is also a little simpler to read than Hill's other works. For example some people need to read Master Key to Riches 2 or 3 times before it makes any sense. Keys to Success seems to be easier to read.
I run a network marketing business and we use the Hill philosophy as part of our success formula. I use this book to introduce the philosophy of success to new people because it makes so much sense.
I would highly recommend the Keys to Success to anyone who is half serious about lifting themselves beyond mediocrity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success(CD)(Unabr.)
Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success(CD)(Unabr.) by Napoleon Hill (Audio CD - May 12 2011)
CDN$ 25.99 CDN$ 16.37