5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny book for parents
I have to admit, when I first received a copy of this book, I thought it was a joke. A very funny joke, but I had no idea it was an actual book meant for general publication. The fact that it has been so popular shows that I'm not the only person who enjoyed the joke!

Published on June 28 2011 by A. Volk

1.0 out of 5 stars utter crap!
Just what I expected from the title; utter crap!
Published 2 months ago by Chris Wex

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny book for parents, June 28 2011
A. Volk (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)

So what is this book all about? Simple. It's about the frustration a parent can feel trying to get their young child (2-6 years or so) to bed. The book is beautifully drawn like a children's book, uses rhymes like a children's book, but drops a frustrated f-bomb on every page. The book rants about having to read one more book, calling nonsense on frequent requests for water, and similar situations (I love the last page!). I think the book is both so funny and so successful because a lot of parents can empathize with the feelings in the book.

Now I should mention that this book isn't for children. It also isn't for parents with children who never had problems going to sleep. Or parents who strongly disapprove of swearing. Or parents who won't like humor. Or parents who had so much free time and/or support that they didn't mind spending hours getting a child to sleep (or maybe getting the nanny to do it). For the rest of parents, as witnessed by the absolutely huge industry in "how to get your child to sleep" books, getting your child to sleep is often a major battle, chore, and/or energy drain.

The tone of the book is hopefully lighthearted enough for no one to confuse it with a parent actually wanting to put down their child or verbally injure/insult them. Rather, it's a reflection of the frustration good parents sometimes feel when their best efforts to get a child to sleep just aren't working. For the tenth night in a row. With that in mind, I found the book to be a very funny salute to the parents out there who are either going through "sleep warfare" right now, or who have been through it with their kids in the past. Keeping in mind my disclaimers above about who this book is for (i.e., most parents and definitely not their children), I can honestly say that this is one of the best parenting books I've ever come across. No, it won't help you get your child to sleep. But maybe it will let you know that a lot of other parents are in the exact same boat. And sometimes that's all you need to get you over the stress of putting your little angel(s) to bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, makes a good gift, March 28 2013
Prairie Girl (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Although crass, any parent who has struggled to get a child to sleep has thought some version of this books title. The good thing about this book is its not just a cheap laugh for a title, it actually reads really well and references several bedtime books you have probably read to your child. A cute gift from Mom to Dad or for a friend dealing with a lack of sleep-- a good laugh, and let's you know you're not alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Sept. 7 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F*** to Sleep (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my expecting sister in-law and brother. They both stated how when the baby's born, that they'll have to be especially careful with their language etc. I thought this would be most-fitting. It is a halarious interpretation of an exasperated parent, whose kid won't go to sleep. It's what I'm sure nearly every parent thinks, but never wants to say out-loud, but now someone finally did. For those who find this kind of thing funny (like I do), I recommend going on to YouTube and checking out the video clip of Samuel L. Jackson reading this book. It's quite halarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely comforting!!, March 3 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
This book is a must for any parents who have or had have kids!! Not for everyone, of course, given the title, but the humour found in its pages will ressonate with everyone with kids! In the wee hours of the night, a quick read of this book will ease the thoughts of being the ONLY one in the world without sleep at the hands of your little ones!! Testimonial to the fact that we all go through this as parents!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a parent with a sense of humor you will enjoy this book, Dec 6 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
If you are a parent with a sense of humor you will enjoy this book. One of the most memorable Christmas presents I ever gave. My brother in law laughed till he was crying because these thoughts go through everyone's head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great relieft, July 13 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
I gave my husband this book for fathers day. It was a great relief to know that my daughter isn't the only devil that doesn't like to go to sleep. We keep it out for company to read when they come over.

It's always a great laugh and really is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5 2014
Too f.......king funny

4.0 out of 5 stars Going in a time capsule., May 24 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F--k to Sleep(CD)(Unabr.) (Audio CD)
I purchased this to put into a time capsule for my grandson. He won't be seeing it until he is 21! Adult language!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent needs this!, April 9 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
This book was just for me, it's hilarious! As a new mother, every sentence I have uttered at some point in despair :/

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, April 8 2014
Helen D (Bradford, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Bought this as a gift for my daughter & son in law as their 2 year old loves to be up at night.
They appreciated the humour, but the language may offend some people.
I can identify with the sentiments as a mother of three.

Go the F--k to Sleep(CD)(Unabr.)
Go the F--k to Sleep(CD)(Unabr.) by Adam Mansbach (Audio CD - Aug. 3 2011)
CDN$ 6.99 CDN$ 6.64