5.0 out of 5 stars Important Continuation of the Disappearance of the Universe (DU), Aug. 19 2006
When I first heard Gary Renard was working on another book, I thought "well what else is there to say after the DU?" Well, in some ways, a lot! It's true that the message is always about forgiveness and the Love of God. It's also true that the message can become lost when infused with various controversies among Course students or from those of other spiritual paths. In light of this, YIR (Your Immortal Reality) serves as an important corrective for controversies that have sprung up recently in the Course community (if you could call it that) as well as a corrective for several ancillary spiritual teachings that have in various ways become associated with ACIM. As a brief example, Gary's teachers address the editing of the text of ACIM, the story of which has been somewhat distorted among some students; as another example, they address kinesiology, something of a buzzword these days.

Suffice to say there are several such topics that can make it difficult for students of ACIM to get to the heart of what the text is saying. Gary's new book does an excellent job of framing these issues and of bringing us back to the unadulterated message of ACIM. And, as usual, the text is full of extremely interesting tidbits about history (including an offhanded remark about Shakespeare that almost made me fall out of my chair) or about the future (better break out those Star Trek DVDs). I could go on . . .

I love Gary's books. They're fun to read and, as I work through them, I have that rare feeling that every word is vital and important, especially upon reading Pursah's dictation of the Gospel of Thomas. I devoured YIR in one reading the day I got it, and have since been reading it more methodically. And I'll probably read it a third time after that. Yes, there is more to say; I hope I have ears to hear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Immortal Reality, Dec 9 2006
After having read "Your Immortal Reality," Renard's second book, I was delighted to find out that it was filled once again with the Spiritual Wisdom and humor that made the "Disappearance of the Universe," his first book, so great and so successful. The two Ascended Masters in the book continue with their uncompromising teachings of Forgiveness, the kind of Forgiveness Jesus talks about in A Course In Miracles which is a way of seeing others and yourself as completely innocent which ultimately helps to release any unconscious guilt within ourselves which we have projected outward to others. It is clear that Gary stays true to himself, too, also hitting home the message that one doesn't have to change their personal lifestyle/behavior to practice true Forgiveness and gain the benefits of it, something I'm sure most of us would appreciate. It's more about changing your Mind about how you see the world and the people in it. The humorous way he talks with his Ascended Master friends is refreshing and entertaining, leaving me appreciating the idea that to be an Ascended Master doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor! Overall, I highly recommend the book if you truly want to understand how to achieve the kind of Forgiveness that will bring you back to your innocence and ultimately to God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you read dissapearance of a universe first., July 23 2009
Derek Scott "Del WhiteWizard" (West Coast, Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm going to first let people know that you should read Gary's first book "Disappearance of a universe" before buying this book. Your immortal reality is a sequel to disappearance.
Once again a great book, it's a lot of the same teachings, so it can seem to get old, but on the flip side the repetition is what we need for the message to sink deep into our conscious and unconscious. In all honesty from reading this book, it makes me question more whether Arten or Pursah actually did physically appear. Like when Gary wanted to know about the future, it seemed geared about what was going to happen in the financial markets, etc... I know Garry was or is an investor and maybe they were communicating to his desires, I don't know. I didn't like the part of them predicting the future though, like the 100,000 dow jones, and stuff like that, I think Gary didn't need to ask about the future and I think that whole section made the book lose a lot of credibility.

On the flip side the book is a great read, you'll get something from it and it's sure to help you on your journey back home. Great wisdom, great insight, fun to read, all and all beautiful :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary wins again, Aug. 9 2006
J. Hardy (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The continuing saga of Arten, Pursah and Gary. This time they are really emphasising Forgiveness with a capital "F". There is no other way they say, and a few swipes are taken at other books, authors, teachers, political parties, etc. It sounds a bit harsh and judgemental but I'm starting to believe the basic message.

A few good, and some scary, predictions for the "future" are also included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, Nov. 14 2006
This is a great read. Perfect follow up to The Disappearance of the Universe. It is humorous and at the same time full off great tachings. Gary Renard writes with a authentic, genuine, down-to-earth manner. Every word that he writes is vital and important. I was also glad to learn Renard's personal story from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening!, May 3 2014
I'd recommend this book to anyone looking for peace in their life! I was drawn too ACIM and couldn't quit get into it but after reading this and Gary's prior book it feels right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary never disappoints....., Jan. 13 2014
Violet Luciak (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death (Large Print 16pt) (Paperback)
As this is Gary's second book in the series - he never disappoints with indepth information regarding his life and ACIM.
I highly recommend all three books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing Read!, Nov. 28 2013
Christin Petra Bux (West Vancouver, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
I was so sad that I was coming to the end of "The Disappearance of the Universe", also by Gary Renard, that I bought this book before I finished "Disappearance".

It is an awesome continuation of his first book and definitely worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the book, Oct. 29 2013
if you are still looking for what's going on with your life,
you will find a new idea here.
if you buy that idea, I'll see you in there

5.0 out of 5 stars More Hard Core, Straight Up Truth, and My 2nd Favorite Book on Earth!,, Sept. 28 2013
Giddy Up Mikey (Ashland, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
Your Immortal Reality is the follow up book to Gary Renard's classic, The Disappearance of Universe: Straight Talk About Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness. This book contains a condensed recap of the teachings presented in Disappearance; Gary shares more of his forgiveness opportunities and Arten and Pursah of course do their usual thing of reminding Gary (and us) what it is all for; and Gary's teachers bring clarity to the non-sense and controversy surrounding the editing of A Course in Miracles. Additionally, Gary's teachers compare the thought system of A Course in Miracles to that of some of the New Age models, which I found particularly helpful as it tied up some loose ends for me that I was still feeling conflicted about, during my time as a truth seeker when I first read this book back in 2007.

Thanks to this book, and the aforementioned Disappearance book, my days as a spiritual seeker are now over. I found what I've been waiting for my whole life, but could only accept this message when I was ready for it. In the 1990s and early 2000s, I would have been like, "What the hell is this?" Anyway, there is nothing more to intellectually learn now, just a matter of being able to master the application of true forgiveness which is what this is all about, and the only meaningful thing we can do while we appear to be here. Giddy up!

~ Mike Lemieux, author of Dude, Where's My Jesus Fish?: A Compilation Highlighting the Blunt and Uncompromising Teachings of Arten and Pursah on A Course in Miracles

Used & New from: CDN$ 83.25