5.0 out of 5 stars Above Ground, May 19 2007
This review is from: Above Ground: A Jack Taggart Mystery (Paperback)
I would highly recommend the latest installment in the Jack Taggart series of intriguing undercover crime mysteries....which I hope to gather as a collection. Here's hoping former RCMP undercover operative Don Easton continues to share his real time experiences mixed with fiction. The hell of it is, the reader doesn't know which parts are real and which are fiction.

With 10 years as a parole officer in BC, followed by administering a Federal Community Corrections Centre in Vancouver, Inspecting jails and working on the Chief Coroner's Drug Death Inquiry in 1993 ... I have known many of the types of characters and situations so aptly described in Easton's books. His latest "Above Ground" really rolls....and after talking to other colleagues, I am not alone in this assessment. If you haven't already, you should read his first novel "Loose Ends" where the series begins. It is a great way to meet "Jack" and dip into the structure of organized crime and the dark side of both society and the people who protect us. Keep up the good work Mr. Easton!

Black Angus Scott Gulf Islands B.C.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have!, June 24 2007
Mike (Osaka, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Above Ground: A Jack Taggart Mystery (Paperback)
I loved the first book in the series, "Loose Ends" and was anxious for more. "Above Ground" is a strong sequel that once again immerses you in the dark reality of the drug world. This book is filled with excitement, emotion and well developed characters that you'll really feel for. The story makes for a compelling read - you'll have a very hard time putting it down once you start! I can't wait for the next installment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, May 20 2014
The writing is riveting, visceral, and fast paced. I look forward to each new Jack Taggart mystery. I've met the author personally and he is very approachable and have great shared experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Writing, Sept. 24 2012
This review is from: Above Ground: A Jack Taggart Mystery (Paperback)
Above Ground is so vivid & exciting. Don Easton's writing style makes you feel like you are right there! I can picture his books on the big screen. Off to the book store for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost sleep because I couldn't stop reading!!!, July 5 2008
Chan (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Above Ground: A Jack Taggart Mystery (Paperback)
I picked up Loose Ends and Above Ground for some light reading for vacation but after cracking open the first book on the flight, I finished both books by my first night. I did not expect to be so drawn into the fight for justice by Jack Taggart created by Don Easton! I have read many novels with characters in law enforcement, but the realistic personalities created by Easton are true to life and definately enjoyable to those involved in this struggle between the good guys and the bad guys. Easton's obvious successful career was reflective of the words on his pages. For those who want to experience the trials and tribulations of law enforcement, Easton has opened that door for you!

Above Ground: A Jack Taggart Mystery
Above Ground: A Jack Taggart Mystery by Don Easton (Paperback - March 30 2007)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.79