march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

• Pigs

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on March 7, 2016
Very cute story, as with all Robert Munsch. This book is so cheap because it's TINY! Like 2 or 3 inches square. Which is OK it's still easy to read. Not great if you were to read to a group of kids though
on February 22, 2016
love
on July 22, 2014
I adore Robert Munsch. I think he's a masterful storyteller and his long-time collaboration with illustrator Michael Marchenko has produced some amazing children's classics.

Sometimes, however, when his books are condensed to board book form, they lose some of their oomph. The best parts are edited out, or they're oversimplified, or the magic is somehow not there.

Pigs, however, retains all of its "Pigness" even in the shorter format. My only problem with it is that I'm not sure this particular story *needed* to be made into a board book.

The board book format is presumably so it's easier for little hands to handle, so that younger children can access the story. I'm not sure Pigs is best suited for younger kids. It's one of the Robert Munsch stories that has characters being a bit rude to each other, with the constant refrain of "Hey you dumb pigs!". This may be fine for school-age children, but a lot of parents and teachers don't like reading that kind of impolite phrase to very young children.

This review was first posted on my blog, Cozy Little Book Journal, and is based on a digital review copy of the board book edition that I received through NetGalley.
on June 16, 2014
If you child loves animals and silly stories they will love this book.
My toddler loves the Robert Munsch books and the prefers the mini books as they fit perfectly in her hands and are easy for her to turn the pages no matter where she is. Great for parents too for travelling and takes up no room. Can throw the book in your pocket or purse as you are running out the door.
on June 22, 2009
Well, clearly I missed the (mini book) portion of this ad. The book was presented to me when I was purchasing another item. Naturally the great priced induced me to buy it. When I received it I could not believe how small the book was. My kids enjoy the story but have a hardtime getting into such a small book.
on April 24, 2002
I read this book yesterday to my 3-year-old pre-k class today during our afternoon circle time. This story had their attention from beginning to end. I have to add Robert Munsch to our list of favorite authors. Pigs kept my class of 24, that is not a typo,twenty-four 3-year-olds entertained 2 times in a row! The want to hear it again tomorrow for our morning circle time.
...