biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on December 10, 2002
I had seen the movie Hard Core Logo years ago when it first premiered here in Canada, but never picked up the book until a friend recommended it to me. He read it in one sitting and told me I wouldn't be able to put it down. Well, I took it to work with me and finished it before the shift ended! This is the most amazingly written book I have ever read.
Hard Core Logo is the story of a punk band on one last tour trying to regain not only the glory of their past days atop the Punk Genre, but also to rekindle the flame they used to have for the business, and get paid as well.
What makes this book so interesting is that it is written in verse, telling the story through poems, song lyrics, answering machine messages, letters and the diary of Ox, the bands neurotic bass player.
The characters, the setting and the entire story is laid out just by the spoken and written words of the band members. You don't need any more explanation beyond what is given to you. It may sound strange, but no book has ever grabbed me the way this one did! You just have to read it to understand how different and how good it really is!
on June 9, 2013
i was pleased by the good condition. prompt delivery. fair price. nice addition to my collection but wish I'd had a quick glance online of book contents, since there's not much content evident after a quick glance of received item. regardless, thank-you for your service
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2005
I read this book for a creative writing class, and it was WAY better than I thought it would be! It's a realistic approach to seeing how music works and what goes behind it. A very engaging, and often hilarious read.