march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 1, 2014
Truly a perfect name-I learned so many interesting facts about this city! Well written and easy to navigate. Whether visiting or relocating, a "must-have" book
on July 6, 2012
This book is so interesting because it gives facts about the city of Montreal. It has everything from ghost stories to shorcuts, to tips and restaurant reviews. This book contains history, facts, reviews, truely everything for tourists and locals. It also has funny info like stuff cops, celebs and many others have done in thiscity. It is so remarkable I will use some of these facts for my show on CUTV's What's Up Montreal?
on June 3, 2003
I've read a lot of books about Montreal but this is uniquely packed with saucy stories, clever quips and little-known tales. It's excellently written and has stories that haven't been told elsewhere, from Barry Bonds' romantic connection to the city, to the smuggling of the dead film-noir starlet over the border, to the phone book blunder that offended the city's Italian community - every page seems to offer an insiders view about the city that shouldn't be missed. Highly recommended for repeat readings.
on December 31, 2002
I'm not a huge reader so I was pretty skeptical when I was given this for Christmas, but I was quickly won over. It's a readable, fast, funny and very interesting bunch of stories and history and insight of the city of Montreal. Some great yarns that come to mind include the graveyard tales, the guy acquitted of kidnapping the millionaire heir by explaining his written plans were a novel he was working on, the transportation of the dead Hollywood starlet - all of these stories make this a pretty satisfying read, plus the restaurant and nightlife sections and other stuff are really useful as well. I've seen a couple of reviews in the papers about this book and they pretty much said the same thing as myself. One of the best I've seen about this city for a long time.