5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Cookbook for All Cooks -- Not Just Vegans!
Published on Dec 27 2003 by Elizabeth

1.0 out of 5 stars So hard to reference!
I love cookbooks. I use them all the time. My major gripe with this book (and the first one) is the fact that there is NO index! The recipes aren't even indexed on a main front page! How do you say "I want to make that cool blueberry muffin recipe" without going through half of the book looking for it? Look up a recipe for that extra okra? Good luck.
I...
Published on April 12 2004 by Shannon Rosenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Cookbook for All Cooks -- Not Just Vegans!, Dec 27 2003
Elizabeth (United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
I am a new vegan and I was having a hard time with the cookbooks that called for all sorts of ingredients I had never heard of with all sorts of difficult recipes. I wasn't good at cooking food before I became vegan, and it seemed like all the vegan cookbooks were for advanced cooks. Not this book. These are all great recipes with easy ingredients and simple directions. I especially love the recipes where they note that they can be frozen and reheated later. I have such a hard time cooking good healthy food while working and going to school, but this book is full of recipes that let you do that especially if you can freeze them and eat them later! Plus, the authors seem to have great laid back personalities. Not too "ooh-la-la" -- very down to earth. These recipes are great for anyone who is looking to eat more healthily. Downside of the book is that there aren't pictures of the food and sometimes I can't quite tell what it is that the recipe is for (like Jessie's Cuban Sensation-- very nice title, but what is it?). This is their second cookbook so I would recommend their first one for more basic stuff and then this one to expand your range of foods to make. They also have great ideas for parties, and a special section for college students trying to be vegan in a dorm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden of eating!, April 7 2003
iggy (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
I pre-ordered this book a while back, and was very happy to finally receive it. In essence, "The Garden of Vegan" picks up where "How it all Vegan" left off. There are lots more fun recipes for appetizers, stir fries, "main entrees" and desserts. Every dish I've tried so far has turned out great; in fact my meat loving husband has enjoyed them all too.
So far I've made:
"Carmelized onion and fennel mashed potatoes" - this was excellent.
"Portobello mushroom bake" - fantastic.
"Coconut spiced vegetables" -a really good stir fry.
"Brownie cookies" - yum.
"Amazing chocolate pudding" - amazing, as the title says.
There's also lots of good tips in the back about how to make different spice combinations, such as Garam Masala, etc. There's also different ideas about how to host fun parties.
All in all, if you enjoy cooking vegan/vegetarian and want recipes that are interesting and not too time consuming, this is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful follow up, w/more helpful hints., June 16 2003
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
Although I am not a vegan, this book is my second savior to cooking for me and my vegan boyfriend. All the recipies look delicious and are not threatening with complicated ingredients. There are no pictures of the recipies (which I usually find a staple to any good cookbook), but I have to say I don't miss them. Designed like a kooky 50's style cookbook, the recipies give me the confidence that I can cook them without the pictures. This book also includes microwave cooking recipies; a nice twist for people with no oven (such as travelers or college students). The authors continue to give helpful hints for a more healthy lifestyle, such as "45 things to do w/baking soda", first aid, and "whoops" cooking tips if something goes crazy in the kitchen. This book also includes fun entertaining ideas for parties and crafts. Congratulations to the authors for a great follow up. I look forward to the third.

5.0 out of 5 stars vegan angels, Dec 30 2002
CINDY Obermiller "cindyo" (canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
well i bought the first book and shelved all my other cookbooks..every recipe was a success and easy!! .. i have never been able to pick out a recipe before a dinner party without a test run before now.. life couldn't be better
but then came garden of vegan.. so now i have two cook books .. i found that GOV picks up where the HIAV leaves off and also amazingly includes all my wishlist recipes and lots of fun party ideas.. so this weekend i had a cooking frenzy
(and a very full boyfriend).. Death by chocolate pie, Asian noodle salad, spicy maple nuts and raspberry fig bars. yummy!!
these girls really know how to show people that veganisim isn't all about beans + lentils..
this book is a great gift for anyone.. Especially vegetarians (or frustrated parents of vegetarians..*heehee*)
i am a much happier and healthier person that this book exists.

5.0 out of 5 stars My second favorite cookbook., April 30 2003
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
"How It All Vegan" was my favorite cookbook from when I first became a vegetarian. All the recipes were tasty, easy, healthy, and they ALWAYS worked. So, I ordered "The Garden of Vegan" sight unseen. I was not disappointed. Where the first book consisted of the authors' own tried and true recipes, the second book consists of recipes sent to the authors by their legions of fans. I've fixed these recipes for non-vegetarian friends and relatives who didn't even notice that there was no meat, dairy or eggs in the dishes. They didn't miss a thing because the food was soooo good. The Garden of Vegan even has a section on throwing vegan parties, and the ideas go way beyond food. Both books are highly recommended. These two ladies are a hoot!

5.0 out of 5 stars How It All Vegan... Again, May 20 2003
A. Vegan (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
They're back with another great book for an "animal free" diet. Just like their first book, this book is great! There are so many delicious recipes you'll want to try right away. If you're a vegan and your friends aren't, just whip up a few of these recipes and amaze your friends with the spectacular food!
The Garden of Vegan offers recipes for a more sophisticated palate that add funky twists to familiar dishes bursting with colour and flavour. At the same time, they are fun and easy to prepare.
Whether you're a full-time vegan or just interested in creating fabulous animal-free meals, The Garden of Vegan will lead you into temptation with its inspiring array of vegan goodies.

4.0 out of 5 stars more fun than christmas dinner!, Dec 29 2002
Jen (Victoria BC) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
Having received this book as a Christmas gift, I spent the day salivating over the scruptious recipes and dreaming of hosting my own turkey-free vegan Christmas dinner. 'Garden of Vegan' is an excellent follow-up to 'how it all vegan', with straigtforward recipes and ideas for everything from appetizers and breads to crafts. What better gift than a homemade(wool-free)sock monkey? And once you try out these delectable treats, Sarah and Tanya have the best ideas for sharing them with your friends - host a cocktail, slumber, dress-up picture-taking or clothing swap party.
Author bios and fun retro pictures of Sarah and Tanya and their friends make me feel as though I am part of their crew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow-up to How It All Vegan!, April 28 2003
Emily (NewYork, United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
I will keep this short and sweet:
If you are vegan and really enjoy cooking (or don't, for that matter), this book is perfect for you. With the exception of a few recipes, all of the ingredients can be easily found in regular grocery stores. The vast array of desserts is enough to make anyone buy the book! :)
I recommend this book to everyone, whether vegan or just looking for yummy, guilt-free food! Preparation is so easy, and experiencing new food - or old food with a new twist - is always fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Cook Book, Nov. 7 2003
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
So far I have tried 10, and have already repeated 4 of these, they were so good, yet easy to shop for as well as assemble. I am especially happy with the cute lay-out, I am heartily sick of intense nutritional listings in tiny print at the bottom of the pages - this is just fun, healthy cooking. Repeats are: Fried Pineapple Rice, p 117: Coconut Curry Vegetable Bake, p 124: Wendy's Black Bean Chile, p 158. I am happy to be confident that the rest will be good, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars There IS an index!, April 14 2004
Ce commentaire est de: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
There is an index in this book and the first one. I don't know what that reviewer who complains of "no index" is talking about.

The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again
The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again by Sarah Kramer (Paperback - Oct. 1 2002)
CDN$ 22.95 CDN$ 16.57