5.0 out of 5 stars Yumm
The recipes in this book are easy to use. They are also very delicious. I am not vegan, but this has given me a good repetoire for preparing foods for friends who are. My family enjoys the food and don't even realise that the food is vegan! They are enjoying the good taste.
Published 23 months ago by patricia

2.0 out of 5 stars Love them- but not the recipes
Only a few of the recipes I have tried actually turned out - I'm not a bad cook and I can follow directions so I'm not sure what is up with these books - but a good majority of the ones that I have tried failed miserably. I'm not sure if the recipes were tested or not by an outside source. Lovely people though!
Published on Dec 29 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone in here, Dec 15 2012
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
Some great tasting recipes with not a lot of extra ingredients that you haven't heard of before or are hard to find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yumm, Aug. 14 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars vegan angels, Dec 30 2002
CINDY Obermiller "cindyo" (canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
well i bought the first book and shelved all my other cookbooks..every recipe was a success and easy!! .. i have never been able to pick out a recipe before a dinner party without a test run before now.. life couldn't be better
but then came garden of vegan.. so now i have two cook books .. i found that GOV picks up where the HIAV leaves off and also amazingly includes all my wishlist recipes and lots of fun party ideas.. so this weekend i had a cooking frenzy
(and a very full boyfriend).. Death by chocolate pie, Asian noodle salad, spicy maple nuts and raspberry fig bars. yummy!!
these girls really know how to show people that veganisim isn't all about beans + lentils..
this book is a great gift for anyone.. Especially vegetarians (or frustrated parents of vegetarians..*heehee*)
i am a much happier and healthier person that this book exists.

4.0 out of 5 stars more fun than christmas dinner!, Dec 29 2002
Jen (Victoria BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
Having received this book as a Christmas gift, I spent the day salivating over the scruptious recipes and dreaming of hosting my own turkey-free vegan Christmas dinner. 'Garden of Vegan' is an excellent follow-up to 'how it all vegan', with straigtforward recipes and ideas for everything from appetizers and breads to crafts. What better gift than a homemade(wool-free)sock monkey? And once you try out these delectable treats, Sarah and Tanya have the best ideas for sharing them with your friends - host a cocktail, slumber, dress-up picture-taking or clothing swap party.
Author bios and fun retro pictures of Sarah and Tanya and their friends make me feel as though I am part of their crew.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love them- but not the recipes, Dec 29 2005
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Cookbook for All Cooks -- Not Just Vegans!, Dec 27 2003
Elizabeth (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
I am a new vegan and I was having a hard time with the cookbooks that called for all sorts of ingredients I had never heard of with all sorts of difficult recipes. I wasn't good at cooking food before I became vegan, and it seemed like all the vegan cookbooks were for advanced cooks. Not this book. These are all great recipes with easy ingredients and simple directions. I especially love the recipes where they note that they can be frozen and reheated later. I have such a hard time cooking good healthy food while working and going to school, but this book is full of recipes that let you do that especially if you can freeze them and eat them later! Plus, the authors seem to have great laid back personalities. Not too "ooh-la-la" -- very down to earth. These recipes are great for anyone who is looking to eat more healthily. Downside of the book is that there aren't pictures of the food and sometimes I can't quite tell what it is that the recipe is for (like Jessie's Cuban Sensation-- very nice title, but what is it?). This is their second cookbook so I would recommend their first one for more basic stuff and then this one to expand your range of foods to make. They also have great ideas for parties, and a special section for college students trying to be vegan in a dorm.

5.0 out of 5 stars There IS an index!, April 14 2004
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
There is an index in this book and the first one. I don't know what that reviewer who complains of "no index" is talking about.

5.0 out of 5 stars i live by the book., July 12 2004
malloreigh suicide (victoria, bc, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
i honestly do live by this book, and its prequel, "how it all vegan". almost everything i cook has come from these books, or is an altered version of something from one of the books. they're fun, they're hip, they're health- and animal-conscious. sarah and tanya are two of the most compassionate, vibrant vegans you'll ever find anywhere. this book even contains tips for the starving college kid living in a dorm room!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, May 13 2004
Colleen E. Shea "pamphilia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
This is a fantastic cookbook! Everything I've tried in it is ridiculously tasty, makes me feel healthy, and always works. The list of vegan no-no's in the back is very helpful, as is the description of unusual or unclear items in the front. Sarah and Tanya have introduced me to Bragg's, which must be one of the best condiments ever made. My favorite recipe so far is the Hot n' Spicy Rice Noodles with Oyster Mushrooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Cook Book, Nov. 7 2003
This review is from: The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again (Paperback)
So far I have tried 10, and have already repeated 4 of these, they were so good, yet easy to shop for as well as assemble. I am especially happy with the cute lay-out, I am heartily sick of intense nutritional listings in tiny print at the bottom of the pages - this is just fun, healthy cooking. Repeats are: Fried Pineapple Rice, p 117: Coconut Curry Vegetable Bake, p 124: Wendy's Black Bean Chile, p 158. I am happy to be confident that the rest will be good, too.

The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again
The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan! Again by Sarah Kramer (Paperback - Oct. 1 2002)
CDN$ 22.95 CDN$ 16.57