5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!
I recieved my copy of Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan about a week ago, and I've already made about a dozen fabulous recipes. The dishes all turned out so well, my husband, children and even non-vegan friends all loved them! The only problem is choosing which recipe to try next.. there are so many great ones in this book.

And as a busy (and 8 months pregnant!)...
Published on Oct. 10 2007 by Kurt Bishop

3.0 out of 5 stars Why can't we invent new cuisine rather than try to emulate meat?
Let me be honest first off, I'm not a vegan per se but like to eat dishes without animal products and my partner is pretty well on the vegan tack. Still, I find most of these recipes devoid of excitement, originality or inspiration. I think, the entire vegan movement should look at other cuisines and adapt and adopt them. Add spice, colour, create new flavours and dishes...
Published 2 months ago by rhm

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, Oct. 10 2007
Kurt Bishop "gooberific" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eat, Drink & Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating (Paperback)

And as a busy (and 8 months pregnant!) mother of 2 children, I love how these recipes are easy, fast to make, and are healthy for the whole family. I highly recommend this book.

If you haven't already, visit Dreena's blog.. or email her directly.. she's always available to help if you're having trouble with a recipe, or are unsure about an ingredient.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, Oct. 7 2007
Judy (Ottawa, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
I am not even vegan, and I love this book! I have Dreena's second cookbook Vive Le Vegan, and it was my favourite cookbook - until now! I have only made a few recipes from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan, and they were all fantastic. I can't wait to make more. Dreena really is a cooking goddess. Buy this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Own Cookbook, Nov. 17 2010
ashley (vancouver, bc, canada) - See all my reviews
This is one of my favourite vegan cookbooks and one of my favourite cookbooks period (I'm a vegetarian). I'm working my way through trying every recipe. Dreena's recipes are delicious and creative, like the cocoa-coconut chili and the Thai chick-un pizza. This cookbook is a serious gem. It's hard to find a cookbook that you know you can count on and that will provide you with recipes you won't find other places that will also taste good. Dreena really knows how to combine flavours to make every dish taste so good. Admittedly there have been a couple of dishes I didn't completely love (zucchini chickpea tomato curry, olive & sun dried tomato hummus), but I think that's just due to personal taste. Some of my other favourites are the garlicky broccoli corn and bean burritos, cumin lime tofu, broccoli cashew teriyaki tofu stir-fry, Thai coconut corn stew, and the roasted red pepper almond hummus. I own tons of cookbooks and this is one of the few that I come back to again and again. I'm so happy to have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 10 2012
Gooooood cookie recipes! I even emailed Dreena with a question and she answered me back! Not too many crazy vegan ingredients so recipes are easier to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, Sept. 13 2013
I'm a big Dreena Burton fan after having made a few dishes out of this book, she has such a knack for creating flavourful, satisfying but easy and healthy vegan meals. The Quinoa Chickpea Confetti Casserole couldn't be easier to throw together but is so hearty and comforting. The Savory French Lentils is the best lentil dish I've tried, but again, very easy and uncomplicated to make. The Broccoli Cashew Teriyaki Tofu stir-fry is amazing!! By far the best stir-fry I have ever tasted. It is so flavourful. I'd highly recommend this cookbook and can't wait to get her other ones now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy healthy recipes, Dec 29 2008
My husband and I have been vegetarian for more than 2 years now, but when we discovered a few months ago he had lactose intolerance, we decided to give a try to veganism. I was already reading Dreena's blog, that I found much interesting, so I decided to buy Vive le Vegan, and we loved so much the recipes that a few months later, I bought EDBV. We've discovered so much tips with these two books that now we cook vegan all the time at home and my hubby has no more problem with his stomach! Moreover, we've discovered so much interesting products. At first I thought it would be hard to find all those new ingredients to us, because we live in a small village in Quebec far from big city centers, but finally I found most of them without having to go too far! The recipes I tried from this cookbook were always a success (and I'm not good at all in the kitchen, in fact I used to hate cooking before becoming vegetarian!) and they were easy to make. I really recommend this book to new vegans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Burton is a genius, Nov. 18 2007
Colleen E. Shea "pamphilia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
I have all three of Dreena Burton's cookbooks and they just keep getting better and better (which, after her second one, Vive Le Vegan!) should be impossible. Everything I've tried so far in Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan has been simple to make and mind-blowingly delicious. Best of all, she uses very little sugar in her baked goods recipes so you don't need to feel guilty.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start!, July 28 2011
My first vegan cook book! And I'm impressed. I highly recommend this book for new vegans. The difficulty is middle-of-the-road: not overly simple but not difficult either. Most are fairly quick to make. The food is delicious, although I need to dial back the heat & spices at times. There are some ingredients I cannot find, as I don't live near a big centre, but I can always substitute tofu for tempeh. The notes in the margins explaining substitutions or the possible recipe variations (eg. to make it Kid-friendly), and the suggestions of which recipes go well together to create a meal, are very helpful. There is also a glossary of ingredients. The only thing I was disappointed about is there isn't much for a meat-and-potatoes-loving husband. The burgers, buritos and soups are sure to please the children (and me!) but not hearty enough for my man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegans Rejoice!!!, March 26 2011
Aubry "Brenda" (Courtenay,BC,Canada) - See all my reviews
This cookbook is THE Best Vegan cookbook I own! So easy and tasty for new Vegans like me.The Potatoe Smashers with gravy are addictive!! If you are just starting a Vegan diet this is the book you NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most useful book on vegan cooking, Aug. 11 2008
L. Donohue (Nepean, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
I borrowed this book from the library and used it consistently for the three week loan and then renewed it twice and kept using it. All the recipes worked so well and I especially enjoyed being able to bake again. Recipes for vegan baking are few and far between. Dreena's recipes are marvelous and work so well. After the third loan renewal I knew I simply had to buy it.

ARRAY(0xb6bc9828)

Eat, Drink & Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating
Eat, Drink & Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating by Dreena Burton (Paperback - Sept. 15 2007)
CDN$ 25.95 CDN$ 16.26