4.0 out of 5 stars Early Linda Howard stuff! -- It's a fast/quick read.
The story line is reminicent to Sandra Brown's story,Adam's Fall.
Published on Nov. 27 1999 by Janet

3.0 out of 5 stars An Early Linda Howard- for fans
For Linda Howard fans, this book is a good read. It is not as complex or as in depth as some of her later works, but you can see her writing potential.
Published on June 12 2003 by destiny morna

3.0 out of 5 stars An Early Linda Howard- for fans, June 12 2003
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
This story is about Blake- a successful businessman who is paralyzed after an accident. Due to this injury, he has lost his zest for life, until a beautiful Physical therapist (dione) comes into his life to make him live again. She of course has her own past troubles to contend with and their journey to come together is what drives this story.
Come Lie with Me is a shorter novel and can be read in 1 day- the plot is alittle too similar to some other stories out there (most notably Adam's Fall by s. Brown) and the plot is a little predictable. But most Linda Howard fans will enjoy this story.

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing story. Big disappointment., Aug. 31 2000
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
Maybe if this wasn't by LH I would've given it 3 stars. However, I have come to expect a certain standard of LH's writings & this one's way off the mark. Her trademark fast-paced action, intense love scenes & witty repartee are definitely missing--so much so that I wondered if LH even wrote this! Perhaps because of all the forewarnings, I found the much-dreaded "All That Glitters" & "Independent Wife" better than this one. Unfortunately, I had no such warnings about this book, so I really ended up very disappointed with it. (Hate's too strong an emotion to feel for this story bec. I found it quite unmemorable.)--Shockingly something I've never before felt/done with a 'Howard'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Early Linda Howard stuff! -- It's a fast/quick read., Nov. 27 1999
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
The story line is reminicent to Sandra Brown's story,Adam's Fall.
Blake Remington is a successful businessman who ends up paralyzed after a mountain climbing accident. Dione Kelly, a physical therapist, is hired by the family as a last ditch effort to work with Blake; he has given up his will to live 2 years after the accident. Story starts from that point & blooms into the romance between these two. Blake is physically impared; Dione is emotionally impaired from childhood & marital abuse. They heal each other & teach each other to live/love again.
I read the book in 1 day - fast & easy read. As always, good story/quality from Linda Howard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Howard at her worst., Sept. 13 2000
K. Lininger (FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
Linda Howard has the ability to draw you into her characters and understand their feelings about things. But she failed with this book. It was weak. Dione is a physical therpist who has been given the assignment to help Blake Walk again. The doctors said Blake would be able to walk but he doesn't believe it. He just gave up. A powerful man just giving up yea right... Dione is no better. She is probably the weakest character Linda has ever had....I kept thinking through out this book that these characters need some back bone. I was so angry with this story, I thought both characters should be alone to wallow in their own self pity.....

4.0 out of 5 stars A positive review, Nov. 15 2001
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this book and thought it was her best romance novel that I've read. She hints at things without fully telling you until the middle of the story, and I personally thought she did a great job of making the characters realistic. I cried with Dione numerous times, and think it's excellent! Not as good as Mr. Perfect, but no book can compare to Mr. Perfect. Hope this helps you. It really is good, but there are no edge-of-your-seat, jump-at-every-noise, leave-a-nightlight-on thrills or chills, but it's a very enjoyable, soul-satisifying book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A positive review, Nov. 15 2001
Anne M. Beggs "Dahlquin" (Santa Cruz, CA, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyable!, June 17 2002
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
I have to agree wholeheartedly with reviewer cjbookreader 11/27/99. This story does have a lot of similarities to Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown. A man who cannot walk after a fall and who would rather not live if he can't walk meets a spunky physical therapist. He's rude and obnoxious at first but she's well able to handle him. This couple is good for each other because they both have problems and they both help each other overcome them. Not a thick book so you can probably finish it in one day, I did.

3.0 out of 5 stars So so...., July 22 2003
phyncke "Book lover!" (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
I am so used to giving LH books 5 stars that this is a bit of a shocker for me. A wishy washy story on this one. You can tell it is one of her early ones. I keep reading her early ones while I wait for Cry No More to come out.
Sigh.
Any LH is better than no LH. Try it.... you might like it. I recommend Mr. Perfect, Open Season, After the Night and Shades of Twilight. Also all the Mackenzie books but specifically MacKenzie's Mountain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Early but Good Howard!, Jan. 23 2000
J. Wolfe (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
I am a big fan of Linda Howard. Her new books are some of my favorite. Her earlier books though usually are not that good. I am happy to say that Come Lie With Me is an exception. I really enjoyed the story and characters. If you keep in mind that this an earlier book with all the same types of somewhat unrealistic plot developments and weaker female characters, you can get a very enjoyable read out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Linda Howard...!, Feb. 15 2002
This review is from: Come lie with me (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a great read! To compare it to Elizabeth Lowell"s, "Adam's Fall",isn't fair. They are both good stories. but completely different. This is one of Ms. Howards earlier stories, everyone of her books are good! The evolving relationship between Dione and Blake is great. She is his last chance for recovery and how they achieve this recovery and turn to each other was lovely.

Come lie with me
Come lie with me by Linda Howard (Mass Market Paperback - Nov. 15 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01