5.0 out of 5 stars Steven Galloway is a Great Canadian Author, Aug. 4 2008
MacFly (Regina, Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
Finnie Walsh is the third book by author Stephen Galloway that I have read (Ascension and the Cellist of Sarajevo). This is Galloway's first novel and is a wonderful prelude to the quality of author he has become. The main characters of this novel are Finnie and Paul, boyhood friends who make it to the NHL, but not without consequences. The story is told through a fair amount of dialogue and is an incredibly easy book to read. The story is captivating, tragic and uplifting. I have enjoyed every book by Galloway and he has quickly become one of my favourite authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good canadian book! Finally!, April 8 2003
ashley (Kamloops, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
Finnie Walsh. A book not only fun, but informative as well. This book, written by Steven Galloway is an awesome, book. Unlike the usual canadian books, it just great... If you like Hockey you'll love this book. If you don't like hockey you'll love this book. The book has relationships, between family, friends, and beaus. A wonderful, outstanding read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finnie Walsh is Amazing!, Dec 5 2001
elise (London, ont., Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
Finnie Walsh in my opinion was an eye opening experience it is by far the best book I have ever read and everything about it made me feel more interested. There is not a single bad thing I could say about it! The characters alone made the book, how you understood how they felt at diferent times, how they were perfectly described! This book made me laugh, cry and made me feel emotions that have never occured before in my mind! I couldn't put it down and I will continue to read it over and over again because everytime I am sure that I will recieve more and more happiness sadness and information from the text! I am getting it for everyone for Christmas and I hope that everyone will enjoy this story as much as I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story!, Nov. 15 2001
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
I picked up this book mainly because of my job working with high school teachers and students and ended up reading parts of it out loud to my own kids during a car trip. My 12 year old son was hooked, he read the book, then I finished it. It was amazing to have that 'secret book conversation' with my son. I/we both loved the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spanky Read!, Oct. 11 2001
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
Are you looking for a spanky good read? Look no further than this sly little Canadian book about a couple of kids living in the middle of the province of British Columbia who play hockey. This book is a swift, delicious thing that has a devilish way of not letting you free of it. You'll want to read it until you arrive at the last page--it is, in the classical sense of the hyphenated word, a "page-turner". I loved it. It was touching, heartfelt, and uncommon. A novel with an elegant plot, developed synchronously with its characters' motivations. Galloway is a secret talent ready to explode on the scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a good read from Canada!, April 22 2001
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
I read this novel in two days, I couldn't put it down. A week later I went out and bought ten copies as Christmas gifts! The reports back after Christmas were all the same -- people were reading it in one or two sittings! Wives passed it on to their husbands and the husbands loved it, too! Book groups started ordering it. People fell in love with the characters. One friend said she had forgotten how much fun it could be to read a novel -- she'd been reading so much heavy, dark stuff. Don't be put off by the hockey content -- this really is a book for everyone. Galloway handles plot and characters with skill and precision, creates a vivid and engaging world and characters that are funny and quirky and live in your mind, even after you close the book. If I had to compare Galloway to another writer, I'd say he's the Canadian John Irving.

5.0 out of 5 stars He shoots, he scores!, April 6 2001
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
A fantastic debut! Full of rich storytelling and endearing characters, I could not put this book down. Finnie Walsh is about so much more than hockey--a universal tale of growing up in a small town. Hurry up, Mr. Galloway, can't wait to read what you dish up next!

5.0 out of 5 stars finnie walsh, Nov. 14 2012
This review is from: Finnie Walsh (Paperback)
Finnie Walsh Was a really Dynamic story that was made by the chain of events Paul and Finnie triggered. Finnie's Actions Really shaped Paul. Paul Joinded the NHL because finnie wanted him too. very good book

Finnie Walsh
Finnie Walsh by Steven Galloway (Paperback - Sept. 15 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.83