5.0 out of 5 stars A lifestyle that makes sense and you can live with
Published on Feb. 13 2011 by Mama Nash

2.0 out of 5 stars Eat Clean Diet review
Published 5 months ago by Marg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifestyle that makes sense and you can live with, Feb. 13 2011
This review is from: The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!: Lasting Fat Loss That's Better than Ever (Paperback)
I found this book because I had been looking to change my diet and wanted something that I could not only live with, but believe in. I had been doing Weight Watchers, which I do recommend, but didn't like that Weight Watchers makes plenty of room for over-processed foods. Weight Watchers has recently changed its program, but after reading The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged, I don't need Weight Watchers and, frankly, I'm happy to be rid of points-tracking.

This book is filled with common sense and enthusiasm. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day combining protein and complex carbs at every meal, avoid refined and processed food, drink plenty of water, and watch your portion sizes. A simple and honest prescription. And the results of this lifestyle are immediate and dramatic: better health, more energy and weight loss. The only 'downside' of this lifestyle is that it requires planning: you need to actually think about what you're going eat before you eat it, and bring your own snacks and lunch to work. I wish I'd kept track of how much money I've saved just from bringing my own lunches and snacks instead of popping over to the coffee shop, convenience store, or grabbing fast food. Following the advice in this book will change your life. I actually have a routine now and it stems from having to plan my meals. I get up and go to sleep at roughly the same time every day, have a delicious breakfast with my coffee and a magazine before I go to work, and am NEVER hungry because I'm eating every 2 to 3 hours. No more 3 P.M. crashes. I've been able to cut my coffee intake from 3 huge mugs a day to half of one in the morning. This alone is huge for me.

I heartily recommend this book, and have since bought all of Tosca's books. She's earnest and frequently verges on being corny, but she has a great positive attitude that makes reading the book a pleasure. She was your average overweight mom who changed her life at 40 to become a cover model and bestselling author. Now THAT'S inspiring!

The book itself is beautiful and glossy with lots of pictures, tips, and sidebars of success stories. There are grocery lists, meal plans, nutritional charts and recipes. Everything you need. If you are willing to take the time to plan your meals and invest in making sure you eat every few hours, you will see and feel results. In addition to the exercise I was already doing, in the 2 months I've been living this lifestyle I've gone down a full dress size. That's exciting on its own, but the real joy comes from truly feeling healthy, energetic, and ALIVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new tool for healthy living, July 10 2010
Heather O'Connor "Victoria" (Vancouver) - See all my reviews
This book offers fundamental, commonsense information about clean eating and the beneficial impacts it has on daily life. It gives concise explanations for all advice given, and clear instructions on how to adjust current habits accordingly. I've read it cover-to-cover already, and am about to start again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 19 2010
S. Riopelle (NB Canada) - See all my reviews
This book was an easy read and makes total sense to me. I do find that some of the recipes are hard to make sometimes especially since most people don't have fresh herbs and some of the other 'obscure' ingredients on hand all the time. What I did though was go through all the recipes and took a trip to the bulk barn and local organics section in the grocery store and purchased all the ingredients for the recipes that looked interesting to me. I now have them all stored in clear canisters on a shelf in my kitchen. As for the fresh herbs you kinda have to pic a few recipes and go to the store right before you make them. Visit her website for recipes that others have posted too! I now follow her eat clean diet along with Isagenix products and I am down 12lbs and 17" overall in 2 months!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!, April 10 2011
Cynthia Beare (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
I could have never imagined how much better I would feel eating this way. I don't feel deprived at all. I'd say I'm 95% of the way there. I still enjoy my red wine and dark chocolate, but eating clean is amazing and I feel and look so much better - and down 17 pounds... What more can I say! This book is an easy read and very inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of all her books!, April 6 2010
I have several of Tosca Reno's books now, and if you're looking for one that explains the program, than this is it! Its filled with information! It has almost 300 pages of info before its gets to the recipes. I am new to the eat clean diet and this book has everything i need from shopping lists, meal ideas, recipes, information on what to look for when you're eating out, fast food that fits the plan and much, much more! A definite must buy for anyone looking to follow her program!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book was so good, that my neighbour bought a copy, July 23 2010
Definitely worth the money!!! My neighbour even went out and bought herself a copy of the book. It's full of very good information providing you with a solid background and foundation for "clean eating and living". It is more than a recipe book; it is a wonderful reference book that will get you on your way to eating & living clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple 'diet', May 24 2010
Francesca Pitruzzello "Fresca" (Montrteal, QC) - See all my reviews
There is nothing really new here just plain common sense. The book is well layed out with great explanaitions and pictures. I'm reading it again for a second time. I am using the principles myself and it works. This is truly a change in lifestyle and worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars EAT-CLEAN DIET RECHARGED, Feb. 6 2010
Do you want to change the way you feel and look?

Then you've found the right Author. Tosca Reno has written a few books for those of us who want to eat healthier but also love the taste of great food. The recipes are fairly easy to follow even for me. I'm not a great cook.

Whenever I make something from one of Tosca s books people comment on how good it tastes and I comment on how good the food is for you. Do you like dessert? The desserts taste great and they are good for you too.

Okay I like dessert and I like to eat dessert everyday but my wife says that even though Tosca s recommendations are better then in most cook books, no one should eat dessert everyday.

All I'm going to say is, buy Tosca s books make the meals and (desserts) and you will feel better and look better.

I'm sure you will enjoy the books as much as my family does too. Oh and if you ever get the chance to meet Tosca in person or listen to her speak you will surely come away with a smile on your face because she has a great sense of humour.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to understand and follow, May 14 2014
I really like Tosca's book because it doesn't have complicated programs. Great food and exercise.

Gina Rizzo
Author of Creating Amazing Abundance How Good Things Come To You
www.amazingabundance.ca

2.0 out of 5 stars Eat Clean Diet review, May 10 2014
This book has recipes for which you cannot find the ingredients. Also 2 of the recipes i tried did not turn out as pictured, even though Ifollowed the instructions to the letter. This book is fine if you have exotic grocery stores where you can get things like "maple sugar flakes" or "quinoa flower" but in the town where I live the grocery store does not stock such things. The book is not realistic for people trying to cook healthy meals after work, who have a limited amount of time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›