5.0 out of 5 stars Another Purity Cookbook for my Collection
Published on Feb. 24 2011 by Pat Daoust

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Most people who bought the Purity Cookbook in the 1960's or '70's treasure it until it falls apart. That's why I failed to locate an old copy in any of the used bookstores I visited.
The new addition is just not the same. First of all, the spiral binding is gone - that was one of the big attractions. Secondly, most of my favourite recipes from the old version are...
Published on Dec 4 2009 by Janet B. Brush

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Purity Cookbook for my Collection, Feb. 24 2011
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
I recently bought two of these cookbooks--one as a gift and the other for myself. I remember my mother's Purity Cookbook from when I was a child--it was a red hardcover one which she gave to me when I married. It eventually was in tatters and I typed out a couple of my favourites before discarding it (how I wish that I had kept it, tattered and all). Then one day some five years or so later there was another Purity Cookbook for sale in our local IGA which, of course, I bought. It is my favourite and is getting rather grease spotted and flour coated now.
I went online a few years ago to see if I could get another but found that the Purity Flour Company had gone out of business and did not publish another. But then, I was able to get this reissue from Amazon and I love it. I have several cookbooks but it is the first that I look for. I have always liked the format of the recipes in that the ingredients are listed as they are used rather than ingredients separate from directions. Sure, the some of the recipes aren't the same but I love it anyway.
As an aside, my grandmother passed a few years ago and my dad found amongst her possessions three other Purity Cookbooks--two which were obviously my great-grandmother's--one published in 1917! In the back are coupons to send away for other copies--just send $0.20 (as compared to the $1.00 for it in the 1967 copy). Certainly a cookbook for all Canadians through the years--nearly one hundred!
I hope that these cookbooks continue to be published--they are neat and compact in their delivery of some real down-to-earth cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purity Cook Book, March 20 2014
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
I already had one of the old old Purity Cook Books and really just wanted to see if there was much change. It was very interesting to read and I may try some of the new recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the original., Feb. 28 2014
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
Ideal for beginners, a bible for every day cooks. Gives advice and instruction on how to do it. We still use recipes from when we originally bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most useful cookboks avialable anywhere!, Dec 31 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
I have used versions of the cookbook for more years than I wish to count, this is the best version I have been able to buy as it has returned to an earlier format and included recipes that had been left out of the version I bought in the 1970's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, Dec 24 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
This was my Mother's go to cookbook when I was growing up. It is wonderful to be able to recreate many of the treats and tastes that bring back such fond memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars we all love it, Nov. 21 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
My grandmother had this cookbook and I received it 20 years ago. I have tried many recipes and always had great results. Recently I purchased 4 new books....3 for my friends and a new one for myself because mine was literary falling apart from overuse. The girls love it also. A fantastic cookbook for simple homecooking. I would recommend it to everyone. I was very happy to see it on amazon.
Chris Donnelly
Ontario

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect retro collector's item, & nostalgic gift., Oct. 18 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
Very popular cook book from a bygone era of the 1960s that I grew up seeing my mom use regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replica of the original, Sept. 6 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
My mom had this cookbook, 1960's or so. It was her go to cookbook. Lots of her notes in it personalized it from her cooking over the years. One sister has it as she is the oldest. I enjoy going thru it when at my sisters, but, i am happy to have my own copy now so I can carry on the tradition to write my own notes. I did replicate some of my moms notes just for my own enjoyment. Its a lovely cookbook of traditional dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!, Aug. 11 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
So absolutely thrilled that Jean Pare got this book reprinted and each page is EXACTLY as my "favourite" cookbook of all time. My copy was becoming shredded from sooo many uses. I love this book as it has so many family favourites and basic cooking tips. I received the original as a wedding shower gift from my mother, 43 years ago and was so happy to be able to order it once again. In fact, my younger sister and daughters all want a copy of it too. Thanks Jean for ensuring the each and every page is identical to my old faithful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purity, July 16 2013
This review is from: The All New Purity Cook Book (Paperback)
Great extra stuff and explanations, good for new cooks. Good visuals It is the same as my mothers book. Happy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaa8ac8c4)

The All New Purity Cook Book
The All New Purity Cook Book by Jean Pare (Paperback - Feb. 1 2001)
CDN$ 16.95 CDN$ 12.24