5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly simple recipes that taste great
I've been a fan of Michael Smith's show on the Food Network for years but this is the first of his cookbooks that I've ever used. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but it was love at first sight. This book is beautifully laid out - uncluttered, simple formatting of recipes and gorgeous photos of each dish. Even if you don't make a single one of the recipes in here, it...
Published on Dec 5 2009 by Andrea

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, simple recipes
I love Michael Smith and I was really excited for this new book, hoping for a stellar follow-up to his last Chef at Home book. I was disappointed to find that many of the recipes were reprints or slight variations of recipes from that book (i.e. orange ginger beef, chocolate chip cookies) and I laughed out loud when I saw the recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich. However,...
Published on Jan. 24 2010 by Erin321

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo, Dec 30 2009
Gisèle Chartier "Épicurienne" (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Chef at Home: Essential Recipes for Today's Kitchen (Paperback)
Recettes simples mais délicieuses. Belles illustrations. Je l'aime tellement que je l'ai offert aussi en cadeau.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing ... Too Basic, Jan. 16 2010
Dia (West Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Sorry, but to me this book is way too basic. I am a Michael Smith fan, but I got his basics from his first book. From the price and size, I expected more than a recipe for a basic grilled cheese sandwich, a basic hamburger, broth, chocolate chip cookies or a banana with peanut butter rolled in a wrap. While the book is very pretty with great photos(thus one of the stars,)I was really hoping for more. A few sections -- such as 10 ways to vary a basic salad dressing, or 10 different glazes for ham -- are helpful, but otherwise, pretty boring and not much that is new. I'm an experienced and adventurous cook so maybe this wasn't aimed at me. Too bad. Probably better for a starter cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be disappointed with this cookbook., Dec 22 2009
My husband and I both love to cook from this book. I own several of Michael Smith's cookbooks and this one is by far our favourite when we don't have much time for lots of preparation or hard to find ingredients. The ingredients are easy to find and the recipes are relatively easy to prepare. The food is always delicious and we have recommended it to everyone who has eaten and admired the food cooked from this book. I have all ready given one as a gift and will be giving it to others in the future. Some of my favourite recipes from this book are the Braised Short ribs, and the Molten Chocolate cakes... which I made over and over again for a couple weeks straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars best cookbook ever, Jan. 28 2010
This is a great cookbook for everyone as in most recipes almost all ingrediants are in your cupboard. The cookbook has easy to follow instructions and delicious recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Cookbook, Jan. 6 2010
Simple easy to follow recipes that don't require too many ingredients and the best part is they taste great. Can't go wrong with Michael Smith in the kitchen with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, Jan. 18 2010
N. Foran (Gatineau, QC CA) - See all my reviews
Great tasty recipes but what was best was how easy they all were to put together!!! Whole family loved it!! Thanks Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars the best of chef at home, March 17 2010
Ravenswood (Vernon British Columbia) - See all my reviews
This book is so easy to follow the dishes practically cook themselves.You don't have to send out for rare ingredients because he uses what most people have in their home already.So far the dishes I've made are very flavourful.I would recommend this cook book to go with any person starting out on their own and has not cooked much . Have already bragged about it to family and friends.Five Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, April 24 2010
C. Fynn "FINN" (East Kootenays. B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
My husband bought this cook book for me for Christmas as he had seen Chef Michael on TV. I liked it so much I bought three and gave one to my sisterinlaw for her birthday. She was equally impressed-freestyle cooking is what I do best and it's so easy with his encouragement-not to mention great results! Plus lots of mouth watering photos that entice you to give it a try.Hats off to Chef at Home!

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favourite!!, Nov. 19 2010
This is my absolute favourite cookbook! All of the recipes are simple and delicious. I have made a lot of the items in the book and everything has turned out wonderfully. The biscuit, fruit crisp and chocolate cookie recipes are my favourites and they have all received rave reviews from my family and friends. I highly recommend this cookbook for cooks of all levels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Builder, Sept. 11 2010
My wife has been intimidated by any food preperation other than the basic heating. Chef Michael's recipes and variations have moved her to take charge in the kitchen (and free me from it!!!). He provides guides and principles rather than ironclad rules. A great book for the aspiring gourmet, or anyone who wants to eat healthier and tastier.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Best of Chef at Home: Essential Recipes for Today's Kitchen
The Best of Chef at Home: Essential Recipes for Today's Kitchen by Michael Smith (Paperback - March 10 2011)
CDN$ 29.95 CDN$ 18.77