This is THE cookbook I use most now. I have tried so many recipies in this book and they are all delicious and mostly very quick and easy to prepare. I've even tried a few of the baking recipies -- the carrot cake is so awesome -- I served it to guests at a birthday party and everyone loved it!

I liked the book so much, I purchased another one for a friend...
Published on July 26 2010 by Cathy S.

3.0 out of 5 stars just okay
Published on Dec 13 2010 by My2Boys

3.0 out of 5 stars just okay, Dec 13 2010
My2Boys (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
I bought this book based on the rave reviews but I must say I was a bit disappointed with it. I use quinoa all the time and have been using it for many years. I was hoping to find a book that would have interesting new recipes using quinoa- as the star ingredient. Most of the recipes in this book only use 1/4 cup of quinoa, (some even just a few tablespoons) and many use quinoa flour. Although I appreciate ideas for using quinoa flour, I would prefer more recipes using quinoa in its natural state. When I cook with quinoa it is often because I want a gluten free/vegetarian dish that is high in protein. A lot of these recipes don't call for enough quinoa to make a dish that is a substantial substitute for protein so when I look through the book for dinner ideas, there are not as many options as I would expect from a 170+recipe book on quinoa.
Maybe better suited for someone just wanted to incorporate some quinoa into their cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipies you can use Everyday of the week--breakfast, lunch and dinner!, July 26 2010
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)

I liked the book so much, I purchased another one for a friend who has to eat gluten-free. There are lots of gluten-free recipies in this book. She gave it the thumbs up as well.

The only negative comment I have is that the recipies don't state nutritional information at the end. I like to see how many calories, protien, fibre, etc. a recipe has per serving so I know exactly what I'm eating.

4.0 out of 5 stars A practical health food cookbook that doesn't expect you to comprimise on everything., Oct. 21 2010
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
This is a great cookbook, so far most of what I've made is super tasty (there have been a couple flops but no cookbook is perfect). Their recipes are fast and easy which is hard to find in a "health food" cookbook. I also enjoy that it isn't self righteous about Quinoa, they really do just want to share the Quinoa. AND...when they want to (or need to) use sugar or all purpose flour THEY DO! So you don't get honey and spelt, applesauce cookies that taste awful and have a terrible texture...what's the point? That being said I do sort wish the recipes offered some sweetener alternatives like honey, maple syrup or agave nectar. Lots of gluten free stuff too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cookbook!, April 15 2010
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
What a fantastic cookbook! I never once thought about using Quinoa in homemade baby food. What a great idea. I have tried a few recipes from the cookbook = DELISH! I love how the authors educate people on the nutritional value of Quinoa. Their Quinoa 365 website is great too.

I am amazed at how many people have not heard of Quinoa. If you know anyone who is a vegetarian, you should definitely buy this book for them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this book!, June 6 2011
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
I was impressed by the quality of this book. Much more than I imagined it would be. The recipes are easy to follow - cooking with quinoa floor takes a little adapting to but you have it by the second time you bake. The flavors of these recipes, especially the muffins, are wonderful. Even my fussy 'I-only-eat-white-flour' husband had to admit they are very tasty. I don't tell him how healthy they are. Although I am still working my way through all the recipies, I highly recommend this book to anyone who is searching for healthier eating. Great pictures also!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, June 12 2012
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
I bought this with high hopes of incorporating quinoa into my diet more often, given all the hype about the health benefits. The cookbook is disappointing. It feels like the authors took a lot of traditional recipes and simply added quinoa. There are very few new or exciting recipes, just a rehash of things you already make, with quinoa added in. That said, a couple of the salad recipes are really nice. But out of the whole book, there is really only 1 recipe that I have wanted to make more than once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, Feb. 26 2011
Ian Loughead (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
There are some great ideas for recipes in this book. Many are just versions of standard recipes with quinoa used to replace items like potatoes or rice. But it is really nice to be able to see how versatile this food source is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quinoa 365 Hits Home, Sept. 13 2010
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
Quinoa 365 is a fantastic book if you are looking to use Quinoa in your cooking. I especially love the salad recipes and the information the sisters give on the history and health benefits of Quinoa. This truly is a superfood and it's so nice to have recipes to go along with it. It's quicker to cook then instant minute rice and it is very high in protein and is great for people who cannot tolerate wheat. As a family we have it at least 3x a week now. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a goldmine of cookbooks!, Feb. 15 2011
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
i recomend this cookbook to everyone! this has to be a goldmine of all cookbooks. i have made almost every recipe and everyone was delicous! even if you dont use quinoa for all the recipes, they are still good good good!!! great for vegan, vegertarian, meat eaters, gluten free, even baby food, cookies, brownies the list goes on.......

5.0 out of 5 stars quinoa 365-the everyday food, May 12 2011
This review is from: Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood (Paperback)
Tried several recipes already and love the book- very healthy choices for removing processed foods from your diet.The salads are easy to make and great for work and school lunch choices.

Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood by Carolyn Hemming (Paperback - April 15 2010)
CDN$ 29.95 CDN$ 18.77