Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

on October 24, 2003
I have quite a few other historical atlases, and this one is one of my favorites. One attraction is that it's focused on the northwest US, where I live. Even without the local interest I still think I'd like the book though.
Unlike a typical historical atlas, this book collects historical maps, rather than using modern maps to illustrate historical events. In the accompanying text, it tells stories about the explorers who created the maps.
The book flap text is a good summary of the contents, not just empty marketing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on April 18, 2000
I have other historical atlases, but this one is my favorite. For one thing, it covers the area where I live, but even without the local interest it's great. Instead of drawing broad historical themes on modern maps, like most historical atlases do, this book collects historical maps, showing how people through history thought the world looked. In addition to the many interesting historical maps, there are lots of interesting stories about the people who created the maps.
The stuff in the book flap text and the excerpt isn't just hype -- the book really is as good as it sounds.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again