5.0 out of 5 stars I would give it 10 stars, May 31 2004
Amazon Customer (British Columbia, Kanada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allergies Disease in Disguise (Paperback)
I read this book the same time my son (who is suffering from atopic eczema) started a therapy with a naturopath. To my amazement did she the exact same things recommended by the author. And even better I knew what she was doing, because I had read the book myself. After 6 years of frustration, seeing my son suffering from eczema, countless, sleepless nights comforting my son, we finally seeing improvement. It took 4 months of drastic diet changes and 4 visits with the naturopath and my son is almost symptom free. we never got that far. Who ever is affected by allergy - indirectly (as parent or caregiver) or directly - should read this book. It is easy to read (even for me - english is not my native language) and to understand. It changes the way of thinking, of why we are getting sick and that we are responsible ourselfs for the things we put in our mouth we often call food! Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of nutritional and health information., March 7 1999
I am an RN with many years experience in health care, and I find this book the best source of information on nutrition and how it relates to health. The connection between what we are taking into our bodies in the way of food, ie: preservatives, processed food, refined food, and their effects on the human body are well laid out in the book. I have taken the things I have learned here and made a major difference in my once ill daughter's life because of it. I have recommended the book to several others.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad to read such a logically well presented book., Oct. 19 1999
By A Customer
So many people are closed minded to the possible side effects of eating cooked and processed foods.I found the book entertaining and informative, with logical, easy to understand explanations. I just wish I could do something to help people to learn how to improve their health. I think a person's health is the most important part of life. What can you do when you're ill all of the time? This book and a few others I've read lately inspired me to change my diet signifigantly, and whenever my instructor asks me to write a paper, I usually write about a health concern that I'm interested in. It also makes me feel good that the truth is being revealed, you just have to go in pursuit of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I ever read!, Aug. 4 1999
This has to be the most informative, yet easy-reading health book in existence. The author has excellent credentials and is obviously very well educated. Being sick for 23 years, this book has filled in many missing pieces to the great puzzle of my condition -- something 20-odd doctors have been absolutely no help with. If you have ANY chronic health problem or just don't feel as good as you'd like to, READ THIS BOOK! It gives you valuable information on a broad spectrum of interrelated topics and then concludes with a distinct plan of action. It kindled hope for me that I can regain my health and have a life for the first time since age 17.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allergies Disease in Disguise, Carolee Bateson-Koch, Feb. 8 2011
This review is from: Allergies Disease in Disguise (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for understanding the reason of your gastrointestinal problems, allergies and food intolerance. If you have these kinds of problems and you don't understand the source of them, this book is truly for you. Very clear and easy to understand. You will be amazingly surprised to find the clue of your health problems and how to hell yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Readable - Understandable, Jan. 3 2013
This review is from: Allergies Disease in Disguise (Paperback)
Although the topic of this book can be technical and confusing to the lay person, Dr. Carolee is able to explain it clearly and and understandably. I had the pleasure of actually be treated by Dr. Carolee this past year and she helped me clear up a severe case of eczema that had plagued me most of my life. I read the book cover to cover and now have a greater understanding of how and why we develop allergies and how our bodies react when we are unable to properly digest food. I would recommend this book for everybody and have bought several copies now for family and friends.
Thank you Dr. Carolee - you changed my life!

Allergies Disease in Disguise
Allergies Disease in Disguise by Carolee Bateson-Koch (Paperback - Jan. 1 1994)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68