Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on September 6, 2002
I have been eagerly awaiting the publication of this book and was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy yesterday. I immediately sat down and read it from cover to cover. My verdict? It's excellent! I already recommend Ann Douglas' earlier books, The Mother of All Pregnancy Books and The Mother of All Baby Books, to my clients. Now I have an excellent toddler book to recommend as well.
Like the earlier books in the "Mother of All" series, The Mother of All Toddler Books is written with humour and yet is packed with all the need-to-know information: how to deal with everything from temper tantrums to food jags to toilet training. The chapter on behaviour management is packed with all kinds of innovative ideas for dealing with everything from biting to whining to screaming -- reason enough to buy the book.
Canadian parents will appreciate the fact that the book is packed with Canadian resources: leads on Canadian parenting and child health web sites, a directory of Canadian health and parenting organizations, health and safety recommendations from Health Canada, the Canadian Paediatric Society, the Canadian Toy Testing Council, and so on. It's simply a first-rate book.
on May 12, 2004
A great sequel to the previous "Mother of All" Books. I have had the pleasure of hearing the author give a presentation and found her to be very knowledgeable, supportive and funny. I really appreciate the humorous, true anecdotes of many parents with toddlers throughout the book. This is the key comfort factor for me that grounds this book in reality..that I am not alone in sometimes being unsure of what to do and ocassionally regretting what I chose to do. The warm, friendly tone of the author, a mother of 4 kids herself, is carried through her books and adds to the comforting fact that she has "been there, done that" along with us. I also would like to recommend another book that focuses on behavior issues of 2, 3, 4, and 5 year olds that has helped my family. "The Pocket Parent" is written in the same friendly tone by 2 mothers, each with 3 children. It also includes many short annecdotes from the authors' personal lives as well as from other parents relating to the hundreds of bulleted tips called "sanity savers" on every annoying behavior you can think of. Both of these upbeat, quick-read reference books are worth having in your home library.
on March 20, 2012
This is a wonderful book that I refer to all the time. Focussing on resources for Canadian parents is excellent; I highly recommend this book. My only problem with it is the decidedly mother-centric tone of the book, including the title. There are a lot of very engaged fathers out there, including stay at home dads, who buy and use this and other books. Times are changing, dads are more involved than ever, so please include us!