march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 24, 2010
AS the husband of an avid birder, I prefer this to many of her more esoteric tomes. The photos are great and better than the typical painting/drawings in most texts. I also appreciate the North American inset that demonstrates the distribution.
on July 7, 2014
I'm still making my way through this book and am enjoying it immensely. Previously, I had been getting my information from various Internet sites, but I've wasted lots of time that way, trying to find "matches" to birds I've seen in my area. This book is targeted to Canada and shows birds by province, so I find it very efficient. For me, a beginner bird watcher, the book is exactly what I was looking for...lovely illustrations and pictures, good information. Finally, I've been able to identify a mysterious (to me) bird that landed on my feeder this spring -- a beautiful female grosbeak!
on December 27, 2010
I have purchased this book for my grand-daughter. While too large for a field guide, the images and information is excellent and a good tool for either teaching young birders or identifying your own back yard birds.
on December 14, 2014
Beautiful photos of all the birds described in the book. Also included are photos of 'similar species'. This helps to differentiate birds that look alike from a distance. Very informative.
on December 11, 2013
Has beautiful images and complete with each bird's nesting area and feeding habits.
Everything is well classified. Quite happy with this purchase.
on May 25, 2011
I really love this book. It has expanded my knowledge and love of our backyard birds. It's really well laid out and the information, drawings, photos and related species on each page is very helpful. One of the best books I've every purchased and a bargain at twice the price.
on October 17, 2013
As a carver, I look for accurate detail in photos as well as description. This book meets both requirements. I would not hesitate in recommending it.
on August 16, 2015
Excellent photos and (relatively fewer) illustrations. Clearly written descriptions, great graphics. Everything you'd expect from DK. That said, I personally prefer paintings to photographs, since artists can highlight identifying aspects more clearly with a generic illustration. National Geographic's Complete Birds of North America has the slight edge for this reason.
on March 20, 2015
This book arrived earlier this morning, and I immediately spent two hours getting through it for the first time. I am impressed with it - beautifully done, larger format, great bird colours noted in larger pictures, along with great layout. This should be a "must have" to anyone interested in bird watching.
on May 20, 2015
I am just learning what all the birds are in our yard. this book is big and has great pictures with lots of information. It really helps me to figure out which birds are at the feeders.It is not a field book it is much bigger than most that I have seen before.