4.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and funny!
This story begins with young Brigid's desire to have markers like all of her friends. Her anxious mother frets that Brigid will color on walls, floors, and herself. Brigid's plea is victorious when she makes her point for water color markers.
Published on May 20 2002 by Tracy Robert

1.0 out of 5 stars Another munch mini book
So dissapointed when we received this book along with others. There was NO indication that they were mini books. What a piss off.
Published on Sept. 23 2011 by Munch

4.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and funny!, May 20 2002
Tracy Robert (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews
"They wash off with just water...Get me some of those." She gets a box of 500 water color markers. Brigid soon grows bored and makes her case for getting markers that smell, and then finally a box of "super-indelible-never-come-off-till-you're-dead-and-maybe-even-later colouring markers." Then, bored with paper, she starts coloring her fingernails....Brigid is a colorful character who slips into coloring on herself, as many young children do. Adults may fret that this book may encourage children to draw on themselves, but this story is funny because of the unreal solution to the very real problem of children coloring on themselves. The children that I have read this to seem to get that this is the real point to this book. This book is for every child who has ever preferred markers to crayons or colored pencils, and then wandered away from their original purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another munch mini book, Sept. 23 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a mini-book!, June 2 2009
S. Mitchener "Hanna" (Brampton, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purple, Green and Yellow (Paperback)
I was quite shocked when I received this and another Robert Munch book I ordered and found out it was a mini-book. There was no indication of this when I made my order. Disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a tiny book!, June 29 2011
This review is from: Purple, Green and Yellow (Paperback)
I haven't read it yet, but my daughter loves it. Beware, however, this book is a mini. It is not the full size version!

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Robert Munsch books, Oct. 13 1999
By A Customer
... and this is no exception. My 4-year-old got burned out on "Where is Gah-ning?" (after a hundred readings or so) so I needed to find another book that could both enjoy as much. We're still going stong with this one. I love Munsch books as much as my daughter does - which makes them the best bedtime stories.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mini book, Dec 6 2013
This review is from: Purple, Green and Yellow (Paperback)
Amazon should list this book appropriately. Bought this book thinking I was getting a good deal but no I have to now return & shop elsewhere for my holidays!

1.0 out of 5 stars The size of a deck of cards., Nov. 21 2013
This review is from: Purple, Green and Yellow (Paperback)
Serious question, if someone orders a book like this for "small hands" (i.e. toddler sized) The toddler wouldn't be able to read it. SO why squish all those words on to a little page? These books need to be read with an adult or an older child. They need to be bigger! So disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very TINY sized book!!!, Jan. 10 2013
This review is from: Purple, Green and Yellow (Paperback)
My son loves Robert Munsch stories so when I saw these books for $2 I thought perfect! I had no idea that they were only the size of the palm of your hand though!!! Ended up being a stocking stuffer this Christmas because of how teeny tiny the are !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite tale in the art classroom., June 7 1998
By A Customer
This book gets consistently high ratings from my first and second grade art students. If we have a few minutes of classtime to spare they beg me to read it to them. Brigid starts out following the rule to only use her markers to draw pictures but ends up coloring her self all over. Young readers will enjoy reading how she tries to solve her dilemma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but still useful!, Aug. 4 2014
This review is from: Purple, Green and Yellow (Paperback)
I purchased the $1.99 mini book. Now I know a lot of people reviewed negatively due to its size, however when I bought it the description clearly mentioned the size - I am assuming this a new addition to the description and it is a good thing, as I probably would have been annoyed had I expected the normal size book.

It is tiny, smaller than my hand, but it fits perfectly into my purse. I plan to keep this in my purse in case of long waits in doctor waiting rooms, so I can ensure I have a book to read to my son.

As a regular storybook for home use and teaching toddlers to read, I would not recommend it as it is too small. As a book to keep in your purse to keep your child occupied when out and about, it is perfect.

The story itself is one of my favourites from childhood, and I'm hoping my son will love it as well.

Purple, Green and Yellow
Purple, Green and Yellow by Robert Munsch (Paperback - Aug. 23 2007)
CDN$ 1.99