biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 11, 2012
I believe that they should put in the title of their product that these books are very small. Like smaller than the palm of your hand. They do advise the dimensions of the books in small print but I measure blinds, not books. I feel that they are not disclosing properly that these are not regular size books.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
This book is about 3 inches by 3 inches - unlike the one I bought which was advertised right beside it and they were the same size in the picture. So tiny but you would never know it to look at the picture, the other one I bought is standard size. Good story but lousy packaging and very misleading ad.
on February 10, 2014
I was very disappointed when this book arrived it is very small and not what expected. It should be more clear that this book is miniature
on February 22, 2012
When purchasing this book, I assumed I was getting a full sized book. Unfortunately this was not the case. What I received was a miniature book about the size of the palm of my hand. No matter, my two year old loved it non the less.
on December 12, 2012
I had no idea it was going to be so small. The image looked like an average-sized book. There should definitely be a more clear mentioning of the size. I wouldn't think to check the dimensions or customer comments because its a children's book-- how much could be wrong with it?
on June 2, 2015
Okay, here's the thing: THIS IS A TINY BOOK. It's about the size of the palm of your hand. They really need to make this more explicit in the product description, because other than the dimensions of the book (and honestly, who looks at the product dimensions for a children's book?) there was no indication that this was a pocket sized book and not the full sized version. That being said, I was going to return or donate it when a friend pointed out that these are fantastic to throw in your diaper bag or in the car to entertain baby when out and about. With that in mind, I think I might order a couple more!
review image
on June 27, 2000
This is a GREAT book for reading to kids, with kids, and by kids! The hilarious storyline and repetitive nature keep even the most reluctant reader interested. It's a "laugh till your belly hurts" book!
on November 21, 2013
Serious question, if someone orders a book like this for "small hands" (i.e. toddler sized) The toddler wouldn't be able to read it. SO why squish all those words on to a little page? These books need to be read with an adult or an older child. They need to be bigger! So disappointed. And then when I called amazon, they told me they recognized that the books are small despite not mentioning it and that I could send them back. Such a let down!
on November 21, 2013
I wish I had read the other reviews before ordering this book, because it is indeed far too small!! I ordered this as a gift, and was very disappointed when my package arrived. The item description really should indicate the size of the book!! I will be sending this book back.
on February 25, 2004
I'm buying a copy for each of my kids to save for them when they're grown. This book has provided wonderful hours of reading and precious fits of laughter. It's also been an avenue to open conversations about acceptable behavior. I disagree with the review that it teaches children disrespectful behavior, actually I teach my children acceptable behavior and to discern when they are out of line. Thomas is definitely a way for them to bring that lesson home, in a hilarious way! Everyone needs to laugh and I love that this book appeals to the very young (my two year old loves to say no! with Thomas)and to the very old (my grandma read it to the kids the other night and cackled along with them!). Lighten up and enjoy life! That's the message of Munsch!