5.0 out of 5 stars I'd like to give it 6 six stars, please.
Published on Sept. 15 2010 by Listener

1.0 out of 5 stars Really? You read this to your kids?
Published 2 months ago by RLAL

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd like to give it 6 six stars, please., Sept. 15 2010
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
You just must read this book. It is so cute. Scaredy Squirrel has our sympathy. He is an agoraphobic, OCD squirrel (tough when you live out doors!) who begins to enjoy the new twists his misadventures put on his life. Grade three students pick up on all of the little humourous nuances throughout the book, although younger kids enjoy it too. It is a must have for every library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, Nov. 18 2008
K. Edstrom-Lemckert (Hamilton, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
My 3 3/4 year old daughter and I absolutely love this book and the entire Scardy Squirrel series. Scaredy squirrel is afraid of almost everything but when he does deviate from his routine, panic is then replaced with excitement. My daughter can not get enough of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful images, April 15 2014
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
and also a great message. I may have been the only person to use this in a preteen church service...

1.0 out of 5 stars Really? You read this to your kids?, Feb. 10 2014
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
I personally can NOT understand why people like this series. We're imprinting our children's minds with the possibility that they should fear the world and all things around them? That they should fear life? That pharmaceuticals and chemical sludge known as antibacterial soap and bug sprays are a necessity to get by? Perhaps there is a place for this book- in a children's therapy ward, but in my house, read to my happy children....absolutely not. The story doesn't even read well (I have not read it to my kids, it was a gift and it was never presented to them). It's choppy and is mostly pictures with random words and phrases and not a well flowing story. This book should get no stars but I couldn't rate it that poorly. The longer I'm a parent, the more I realize how many crappy kids books are out there....this one by far is the top of the worst list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loved it!, Aug. 22 2013
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
Four year olds love this series and this story was no exception. It takes a few readings to figure out the nuances but eventually he got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Book, Aug. 4 2013
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
A very cute story. I love the way it's narrated, and my son (5 years old) adores the story. Definitely a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this one first, Aug. 16 2012
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
I now have 5 Scaredy Squirrel books. Love them all.
I read them to my 5 and 8 yr old boys. They both love it.
Well written and illustrated, i get a laugh out of this series as well!
I think it's fun for a child to see a cute known animal, be scared of everything, has clear opinions on what to be scared of, then finds out that it's not that bad after all.
Can be read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scaredy Squirrel, Sept. 12 2008
Storywraps "Marilyn" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
Excellent book! Witty, funny and just an adorable character that everyone can identify with. This neurotic little squirrel overcomes his fears by leaping right into the unknown...and finding out that he is a flying squirrel! A good lesson for everyone...face your fears head on and be a conquerer. Illustrations and detail in this book are great. As a teacher in a classroom this book has a million possiblities to teach. I loved it! -by Marilyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, May 19 2011
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
this book was fun to read but it requires a lot of your on add ins, the book has few words but lots of charts. My daughter loves it and we love squirrels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children!, Jan. 30 2011
This review is from: Scaredy Squirrel (Paperback)
This is a great book that any child would love. It has a great story complemented by wonderful illustrations. A must buy for anyone!

ARRAY(0xbabf1138)

Scaredy Squirrel
Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt (Paperback - March 1 2008)
CDN$ 8.95 CDN$ 8.50