summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 15, 2010
You just must read this book. It is so cute. Scaredy Squirrel has our sympathy. He is an agoraphobic, OCD squirrel (tough when you live out doors!) who begins to enjoy the new twists his misadventures put on his life. Grade three students pick up on all of the little humourous nuances throughout the book, although younger kids enjoy it too. It is a must have for every library.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 12, 2008
Excellent book! Witty, funny and just an adorable character that everyone can identify with. This neurotic little squirrel overcomes his fears by leaping right into the unknown...and finding out that he is a flying squirrel! A good lesson for everyone...face your fears head on and be a conquerer. Illustrations and detail in this book are great. As a teacher in a classroom this book has a million possiblities to teach. I loved it! -by Marilyn
on August 16, 2012
I now have 5 Scaredy Squirrel books. Love them all.
I read them to my 5 and 8 yr old boys. They both love it.
Well written and illustrated, i get a laugh out of this series as well!
I think it's fun for a child to see a cute known animal, be scared of everything, has clear opinions on what to be scared of, then finds out that it's not that bad after all.
Can be read again and again.
on November 18, 2008
My 3 3/4 year old daughter and I absolutely love this book and the entire Scardy Squirrel series. Scaredy squirrel is afraid of almost everything but when he does deviate from his routine, panic is then replaced with excitement. My daughter can not get enough of this book.
on July 20, 2010
I'm 22 years old and I love this book. It's a short but sweet tale about an adorable squirrel who is scared of almost everything and a little paranoid, but how circumstances beyond his control show him how great the world really is. I have all of Melanie Watt's books, even the Scaredy Squirrel puppet and when I'm feeling a little down, or need a quick distraction I pull out the books and enjoy the artwork.
on November 1, 2008
My K-2 class looooved this Willow Award book.
Each time we go to the library they now fight over who gets to take it next.I had to make a schedule!
It is fun for them to read and shows them that a story can be written in different ways as the text is written in a way that is fun and unique.
Worth adding to your home or school collection.
on May 23, 2015
I love this book because first Scaredy Squirrel Was scared going out until when his kit add thing fell down and then he fell to but when he did he did not fall he was flying!I rate it 5 stars because the author showed bravery and I tried one time to also show bravery and I did it!
on May 19, 2011
this book was fun to read but it requires a lot of your on add ins, the book has few words but lots of charts. My daughter loves it and we love squirrels.
on August 22, 2013
Four year olds love this series and this story was no exception. It takes a few readings to figure out the nuances but eventually he got it.
on January 30, 2011
This is a great book that any child would love. It has a great story complemented by wonderful illustrations. A must buy for anyone!