march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 4, 2015
A solid follow-up to the original. Our 3 yr old loves both books.
on August 22, 2013
After a few times reading through the story our four-year-old grandson was able to get most of the nuances. The story is about making friends - always a good topic.
on January 30, 2011
This is another great book by Melanie Watt! The story is very cute and so are the illustrations! I need to get the rest of the Scaredy Squirrel books now!
on August 6, 2009
This book is hilarious. I have no small children, but glanced at it as I walked out of the library. I then stood there and read it, and then checked it out so I could share it with my sons: aged 15 and 17! They loved it too. (I actually read it to my dog, though she didn't care for it.) I will have to buy this for the family just because we all love it!
A friend picked this up for our children. It is a great little book, and part of the Scaredy Squirrel series. Scaredy is a little neurotic, and maybe obsessive compulsive. Scaredy is afraid to have any friends because he is afraid of being bitten. So he spends his time alone reading, whistling, doing crafts, knitting and more. Then one day he spots a goldfish in the fountain in the park. The gold fish would make a perfect friend - he's clean, bubbly, quiet and has no teeth. So Scaredy makes a list of all he needs to go and meet the perfect friend: lemon for lemonade, name tag, air freshener, mirror, mittens, toothbrush, comb and candy. Once he is ready he heads out to introduce himself to the goldfish. He creates a perfect plan for how to get to the goldfish with the least exposure. But all that goes awry when he runs into a dog. Then his first big adventure begins.

This is a neat little story for children. It is a pity that Scaredy cannot meet Elliot and his gang from Elliot's Park. I'm sure they would have a great adventure.
on February 9, 2009
I gave this book to my four year old boy for Christmas a month and a half ago and he still demands that we read it every night after he brushes his teeth (that's a reference to something in the book). He is now at the point where I don't even read the book. He knows it by heart and he reads it to me. Even so, I never get sick of this story and the way it's presented. Very original and very funny.
on October 24, 2008
I have laughed out loud so many times reading this book to the kids. Scaredy Squirrel is hilarous to old and young alike. The illustrations are so perfectly matched to the crazy antics of Scaredy. You will love this book!!!
on March 17, 2008
This book is a charmer! Melanie Watt has created a wonderful, funny, quirky character! I teach a lower primary class and this is one of our favourites. We can read it over and over again. Highly reccomended!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 7, 2008
I bought this book based on the cover art, the book description and the customer reviews. I'm back to report that the book jacket notes are correct and the reviews are bang on! This book is absolutely funny, witty and carries a really great message about dealing with fear. You must buy this book for yourself and then share it with your kids. After all, you need to find out why Scaredy needed a lemon and a mirror as part of his Make a Perfect Friend Plan!
on September 5, 2007
Scaredy Squirrel has to be one of the funniest children's books i've ever read! It has great illustrations, awesome text, and a hilarious story line. Scaredy Squirrel is great for teaching kids about trying new things despite fears! I just love this book and absolutely reccommend it to anyone, kids and adults alike!