5.0 out of 5 stars a great gift for a young friend, Nov. 20 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be (Hardcover)
As a writer, I'm always feel a bit jealous about how powerfully great illustration communicates. Words just can't do that! The writing in Evolution is solid, but it's the artwork that works. I was delighted by the images in this book as an adult; as a kid, I would have been blown away ... and I would have gotten a lot of solid information about biology and evolution along the way. The tone is firmly in the "nature is neat" category, enthusiastically and matter-of-factly communicating essential and interesting biology, no preaching, no lecturing. And with really interesting dino paintings from cover to cover!

We all have books that we remember from childhood, and this will surely be a book for the current crop of small humans to remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Neat Book, July 23 2014
This book is a must read for young people. I let my friend and his little fellow spend time with my copy and it quickly became the little rascal's favorite book! The illustrations are super duper and the storyline is thrilling, with many unexpected turns and spine chilling action sequences. By the time the denouement rolls around, the reader finally gets a breath, realizing that they've just been through an absolute roller coaster of literary and visual exposition. The author is precise; clinically so, in the execution of this fine piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Jan. 29 2013
Chip (Hamilton, ON) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This book has wonderful illustrations, accurate information, and for those with particular conflicts between science and religion, this book does not challenge this concern.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for any child, April 28 2012
Beautifully illustrated and written in a straight-forward manner. Interesting and engaging, this is a great introduction to evolution for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be, Nov. 2 2011
An important addition to children's literature which is sadly lacking in evolutionary information. "Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be" explains the natural world in a way that is easy to understand.

Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be
Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be by Daniel Loxton (Hardcover - Feb. 1 2010)
CDN$ 19.95 CDN$ 14.40