5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome
Published on July 6 2004 by Melissa Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much of anything
I did not really think there was much to this book. It was not particularly scary, or funny, or interesting. It looks like its just one more freaky thing for kids and like we don't deserve good writing. Dont buy it.
Published on May 9 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, July 6 2004
Melissa Murphy "Melissa Ann Murphy" (Yorktown, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
Darren Shan does it agian. Yet another awsome addition to the series. For my this tied as my top favorite book in the series. Its packed with action and suprizes. Hardly ever a dull moment. I guess the only complaint I have is having to wait for these books to come out. They are all ready up to book 11 in the UK! If you want my advice, definatly by this book. I will probably read it over and over. A must have if you are a fan of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars hunters of dusk, June 5 2004
k (ummmmmmmmmm kool) - See all my reviews
this is the best book! i love darren shan books and when i done one i always have to wait for like three mounths.i own the whole series and well the last book i got, i treid to savour but it didnt work the book is soo intresting you just go through it like that i mean it sooo good. so wail i wait for the next book in september 2004 i have decied to read the whole series and wail, i read it slower now that ive already read it but it still exciting i mean just the excitment of darrens life is so kool it keeps me up past midnight. so now that im reading the series again by the time i get to september ill be ready to read the next book and ill remember what just happened and ill have somthing to read in between. so if your like me and you have that problem mabye you should do the same. kk:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cirque du freak book #7, June 30 2004
By A Customer
Theis was an excellent example of creative wirting. The complexity of the plot has allowed the author to write seven books without a single miswriten one. This is a book i would recomend for anyone who enjoys a good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Storytelling!, May 25 2004
Cirqu Du Freak has shaken my conept of a good book. Two weeks ago I started with book 1, and have read through the entire seires since. I'm a parent of teenagers, both of whom think I've gone crazy to be spending so much time reading Darren Shan. But, I like a good story wherever I find it. shan has created some characters, settings, and situations in this series that keep giving readers what they want--an interesting plot and characters you can't get enough of. I'm sorry I have to wait for September 2004 to read book 8. Man, if I could only write like this, my tame book on bicycle rippers, "Abby and the Bicycle Caper," would be making me rich. Alas, it's back to the word processor for yours truly.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, May 19 2004
"clfauxde" (Texas, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this book! If you liked the other Cirque du Freak books then you will also love this one. This one is the start of a journey with Darren, Mr. Crepsley, and Harkat (and some others) who go out to find and kill the Vampaneze Lord. READ THE BOOK TO FIND OUT MORE! :) I love all the Cirque du Freak books because it seems like Darren Shan needs to write about 20 more to actually finish the whole entire story! This one is just as good as the rest! Totally a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A suspenseful adventure with a wiser Darren, May 17 2004
KidsReads (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
All the vampires knew that this day was coming. The mysterious Desmond Tiny, who is as hated by the vampires as he is revered, made a prophecy regarding the Vampaneze Lord and a great war. The Vampaneze Lord, leader of the enemies of the vampires, is alive and traveling the world. Now, it's up to Darren Shan, his mentor Larten Crepsley and a Vampire Prince named Vancha March to find the Vampaneze Lord and kill him before he brings about the destruction of all vampires.
Mr. Tiny tells them that they have five chances to rid themselves of the Vampaneze Lord. One passed when the vampires executed one of their Princes, Kurdha Smahlt, for being a traitor. While Mr. Tiny refuses to tell Darren and Mr. Crepsley what the four remaining chances are, he does tell them to "follow their hearts." Following their hearts takes them to the Cirque du Freak by way of the dwelling of sorceress Lady Evanna, who makes a very disturbing prophecy about Darren himself!
While Shan never skimps on adventure or suspense, Darren's voice is stronger and more mature here than it has been in the past. Darren, now an experienced fighter and thinker, handles his responsibilities as a newly initiated vampire prince with thought and care. Shan leaves us in the end with many questions about Darren's future and the war between the vampires and vampaneze, promising an intriguing eighth book.
--- Reviewed by Carlie Webber

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much of anything, May 9 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good book, May 1 2004
By A Customer
I recieved this book in the mail today and finished it in an hour, this book is very addictive and is great if you've read the whole series i reccomend reading the series.
Kids love it.
Teens love it.
everyone who matters loves it.

Hunters Of The Dusk
Hunters Of The Dusk by Darren Shan (Mass Market Paperback - July 21 2008)
CDN$ 7.99