5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect toolbox to make sleeping through the night easy for your baby!
To all the desperately sleep-deprived parents out there: read this book before you start trying to encourage your baby to sleep through the night, give up night feedings, or change other difficult patterns! Me. my partner and our son benefitted hugely from the guidelines and insights provided by the authors of this book.

The foundation of the book is that all...
Published on April 3 2009 by Second Mom

2.0 out of 5 stars Not helpful advice if you've already started sleep training
Published on April 28 2009 by J. Geyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, Feb. 1 2012
This review is from: Bed Timing: The "when-to" guide to helping your child to sleep (Paperback)
This book is a must have for parents. It tells you when to sleep train, which the sleep training books don't tell you. I wish I would have bought this earlier

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Ideas on WHEN to sleep train, Jan. 20 2012
This book proposes that parents attemp to "sleep train" infants at particular ages, on the basis that babies are more receptive to training at particular stages of development. It is an EXCELLENT book for parents trying to decide when to train and I have recommended to many friends. HOWEVER it does not offer any information or advice on sleep training techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sleep Book there is. Period. And I've read them all. Trust me., May 22 2009
A. Ramsay "bookmommy" (vancouver, bc, canada) - See all my reviews
Just get the book. You will pick it up over and over and over again. Finally, no more guilt. This guides you through all of what your little one is going through. THE BEST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Sept. 12 2011
I'm a first time mom and a baby book junkie. My mom and husband are actually always telling me to stop reading books and just follow my instincts. While I do mostly follow my instincts, I do love reading books on baby behabviour, development, sleep habits, etc. I recently have been struggling with my 4 month old's sleeping and have been reading some books on sleep training- ranging from attachment parenting (which I've been doing to the extreme- think bedsharing, exclusive, on-demand breastfeeding, baby-wearing, etc) to the full on cry-it-out. While I was trying to figure out which way to go, I was constantly wondering about the effect of the training on my son's development. This book is just what I was looking for. It explains in a really simple terms and an easy to read manner what stages babies go through from birth to age 5. I love it and will be buying it for all future baby showers that I attend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not helpful advice if you've already started sleep training, April 28 2009
J. Geyer - See all my reviews
This book advises different approaches towards sleep training, depending on the baby's age. This book provides an important perspective on what your child might feel about sleep/rest/alone time. If you haven't already started sleep training, this book might be useful because it will suggest what sleep training method is appropriate to start with- depending on your child's age.

However, if you have already started sleep training and you think that it is important to be consistent, then don't buy the book. Otherwise, it just makes you feel guilty/wrong sticking to your initial approach if your child as your child progresses through the stages they suggestion.

Bed Timing: The "when-to" guide to helping your child to sleep
Bed Timing: The "when-to" guide to helping your child to sleep by Isabela Granic (Paperback - Feb. 13 2009)
CDN$ 16.50 CDN$ 11.91
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available