march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on February 8, 2011
This book was extremely enlightening and informative. My brother is currently fighting his second battle with Lymphoma in 6 years and it is nice to know some of things he is going through and feeling without him having to share it with me during this rough time. I purchased a copy for myself, my mother and for my brother and his wife and it is helping all of us lead a healthier and a more positive and optimistic life!
on February 8, 2010
If you want to make a change in your life then read this book. You don't have to have a cancer problem to buy it. Everyone has cancer cells in them. The question is whether they will stay dormant of not.
The book has been a life changer for myself. I got melanoma in 2007 and then a relapse in 2009. I kept asking myself why.
this book has helped me so much. Buy it and change your life.
on May 19, 2010
I read the book cover to cover and have used the advice to change our diet and our lifestyle. My wife was diagnosed with recurrent cancer 3 years ago and we found the information in this book quite practical.
on March 1, 2011
The book is excellent. It provides practical tips to modify diet, to deal with conflicts,to be more aware of our spiritual, mental and emotional aspects, that have great impact in cancer treatments.
The tables located at the end of the book are great resources to take when shopping for healthy foods.
on January 21, 2011
This book is so good that I bought another 20 copies to pass onto my family and frieds. Excellent writing.
on November 21, 2015
Loved this easy-to-read book. Found it so supportive (as one that has recently undergone surgical removal of one of the lobes of my lungs which contained a carcinogenic tumour.) Lots of sensible advice, not dismissive of conventional treatments like chemotherapy or radiation, but allowing that there are many other supportive methodologies that really help, among the most important eating a natural, unprocessed diet rich in fruits and vegetables, trying to eat organically as much as possible, avoiding sugar and processed foods and encouraging meditation which definitely leads to having a positive mental attitude - I tried it and it definitely helps calm the mind. I did much research when I learned of my diagnosis - both naturopathic and allopathic and read until my head swam, There are so many different theories and practices out there. This book crystallised everything for me in a sensible, readable fashion and I was reassured that it was written not only by a medical professional but one who was a cancer survivor himself. I have recommended it to many of my friends (who do not have cancer) as I think it would make a huge difference if more people conducted their lives in the way the author recommends.
on June 28, 2014
This book was interesting, informative and inspiring. It is well-written and full of helpful information that I believe could easily impact your health, backed up by medical science. Once you get into it, you won't be able to put it down, and what you learn from this educated man will change your life. I'd recommend that anyone --- in sickness and in health --- concerned with good health read this book.
on February 11, 2013
I was advised by two people to buy David Servan-Schreiber's book for my own use and I was not disappointed. I have an Oligoastrocytoma grade II, brain cancer and I am always on the look-out for any books that will help me. Dr. Schreiber's book answered many of the questions I had and offers a wealth of good information. I have a few cancer books but Dr. Schreibers' books are the best.
on December 20, 2012
Anticancer: A new Way of Life. This book is the best book of it's kind that I have read. It is written by a MD who has lived 14 years plus after his own diagnosis. He combines modern medicine with easily achievable dietary and life style changes that help to ward off cancer or fight existing cancer cells. He explains how these work physiologically.
on August 2, 2011
Excellent. Have read many books on the subject and this is by far the best.Combines great technical information with real life stories. Enjoyable and easy read.Will definitely affect your lifestyle for the better. If you have any friend/relative that has Cancer please pass them a copy; I did and it saved a friends life.