summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 13, 2016
Very good! Used a few techniques and they work :)
on January 3, 2016
Product was as promised and delivered on time!
on October 16, 2015
Some positive discipline books are perfect, provided it involved perfectly elastic spherical kids moving through a vacuum.

This book is proposing stuff that can be used with real kids (as opposed to.. you know - theoretical ones).

As the title says, the main parenting rule showcased here is: raise your kids without raising your voice.

I really liked the highlight: angry interactions weaken parental power, and destroy the parent-child relationship.
The only power we have is the power of relationship - the child's desire to please us and accept our direction.
When we cannot make the child do what we want her to do, we must back off and take the time to build and strengthen the relationship and rethink the discipline strategies.

Although I didn't agree with all the ideas and methods in this book, and it did conflict with similar positive parenting books (on recommending rewards and punishments system for example), I found this book highly realistic and anchored into reality.
I should have given it 5 stars for that alone.
on August 9, 2015
To complex
on March 2, 2015
Great book if your having listening issues with your children. lost of great tips!
on October 29, 2014
my current reference for my 7 year old boy. great tips! Doable and effective
on October 26, 2014
Amazing read full of useful tips
on August 25, 2014
Very good and informative book.
on July 29, 2014
This is one of my favourite parenting books I have ever read! I read it at least 3 times! Is a MUST read for every parent! It will change your relationships and your life!
on June 7, 2014
This book is full of techniques and tips that really make sense. I studied psychology a long time ago and have always believed in it. This book actually shows me how to put things into practice rather than just knowing the basic principles.