march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 29, 2006
I've read hundreds of motivational books over the years, and "The Greatness Guide" is one of the better books. It is an easy read with short chapters that are directly to the point. Robin Sharma is able to write in a manner that seems as if he is sitting talking with you. He shares stories that make his points easy to understand. The book demonstrates real life examples that we can all identify with at one time or another.

To me, the book is like having your own personal coach discussing areas of personal and professional development. His strategies are not complicated, and anyone can apply them to assist them to reach success in both their personal and professional lives.

As I was reading the book, I encountered my own challenge; one that discouraged me. After reading a few more chapters, I was motivated to look at the challenge I was facing as an opportunity. This is a book that will not sit on my bookshelf. It is one that I will certainly reread. The book is written in such a manner that you can read a chapter at a time, or, you can read the chapter that interests you the most when you want.

To quote from the book, "one idea discovered in one book can change the way you see the world." I would highly recommend, "The Greatness Guide". This book contains not just one idea but hundreds of ideas that can change the way you see your world!
on April 27, 2009
It was a very easy book to read. Robyn provides easy to understand summaries on how to work effectively and which habits are best to emulate at the workplace. The book reminds me of a collection of motivational posters, or a peel calendar. I would summarize this book in one sentence: be passionate about what you do, work hard and stay focused on your goal. There are a few contradictions in the book: don't forget to enjoy life but get up at 5 am and work like mad as long as you need to. Borrow from a friend or buy at a reduced rate online.
on February 9, 2012
In 2006 I worked at a small local bookstore, and they had a shelf of books in the employee area for us to take one home and read it and tell them what we thought. One of those books was The Greatness Guide.

This book totally changed my mindset and I literally became a different person overnight. Robin is pointing not so much at specific tactics and examples ("how to find 20 new clients in 7 days!!!") but he is actually pointing at something deeper than that. He is actually trying to rewire the framework of how you view the world. And that is exactly what he did for me, I have read most of his books and follow his blog, I really appreciate his particular style of teaching.

Yes, this stuff has been said before. I don't see why people make that a point. Does that mean you have perfectly achieved the fruits of that labor? Robin presents a new spin on old ideas, just like all books of this nature, because I don't care how many times I hear something, I always need a reminder.
on September 3, 2011
Like another reviewer here, I found this book to lack substance. I would have liked more depth, more real life examples.

Don't get me wrong, if you haven't read many "self-help"/"personal development" books you may very well like this one. However, if you're a seasoned reader of such books, you may be disappointed. It's a good guide but I personally found nothing that hadn't been said before.
on July 30, 2014
Loved this book! It's basically things we already know about life, yet we do not necessarily realize or apply them everyday. A good reminder on how life is short, and how you need to make the most of it, or else, what's the point? As soon as I finished reading the book, things started changing in my life, in a positive way! I recommend it to anyone who is lost or feeling down about life in general.... it's good to live! Thanks Robin for reminding us all!
on February 3, 2015
Inspirational, motivating, simple and implementable. I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Thank you for continuing to write inspiring books for those of us who continue to strive for greatness!
on December 15, 2013
This book is straight forward and to the point. A great tool for inspiration and personal development. Keep up the great work Mr.Sharma.
on December 31, 2010
I have listened to this book many times and love it. Have recommended and given it to others as well.