march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on December 31, 2007
This is the kind of beautiful hardcover book you want to keep around on a coffee table for guests to browse. The plus is the recipes are actually amazingly delicious, unpretentious and VERY easy to prepare! I've been attracted to other "pretty" cookbooks out there and found the recipes often complicated and not great for the most part. This is definitely NOT the case with this one. This is the real deal and I have recommended it to all my friends and family who have had equally enthusiastic response. I've made several recipes, including the buttermilk chocolate cake (as cupcakes as suggested by the photo - rave reviews!) and Joshna's Mom's chicken curry (delicious - perfectly proportioned flavours) as well as the grilled leeks in Dijon cream (to die for). I can't wait to try everything else. Great recipes, really really gorgeous photographs and interesting serving ideas - the best cookbook I've bought in years.
on December 29, 2007
I'm a stay-home mom, not the best cook in the world, but looking for a cookbook with recipes that are easy enough/not too time-intensive but with a little added flare. This is the book!!
The recipes are beautifully presented, and the book itself is gorgeous. Each section (soups/entrees/sides/desserts, etc) is prefaced with tips and advise. Each section is also divided into "everyday simple" recipes and "special occasions" recipes. I have made several recipes and my family is raving over everything I've made, even my picky 10yr-old. The Caesar Salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette is AWESOME and we have it once a week now. Just as good is the sundried tomato cream chicken pasta and balsamic pesto chicken. Brown sugar carrots, spicy broccolini - also really nice. Most of the ingredients are fairly common but the dishes themselves are better than basic. Even if I don't make all the recipes in this book, I have already added several new dishes to our boring family repetoire!
on October 29, 2008
I like to cook but I am not the greatest cook. I tried the creme brulee recipe and it was fabulous! The spiced nuts were easy and I received many compliments when I served them for a party. Trish Magwood's style is friendly and unpretentious which makes for a fun read. Lesley Stowe's cookbook (which I bought at the same time) has some great recipes but her tone is very snooty.
on September 19, 2007
Not only are these recipes textbook Dish, as seen on her hit TV show Party Dish - but what makes this a great cook book is the fabulous photos and scrumptuous layout.
on September 1, 2011
I am very happy with this cookbook as this is the second book of Trish Magwood I have purchased and have made the Buttermilk Chocolate Cake and it is great. Made it in the 9" round pan and for the center between the cakes I added Marshmallow Fluff and the chocolate icing is perfect. I shall make this cake many times over.
There are many more recipes to try which I will be doing shortly. This cake gets a 10 out of 10.

Thelma
on March 1, 2015
I have tried several recipes from this cookbook and none have disappointed -the chocolate cake, the lemon orzo salad, the caldo verde, etc. All recipes I would make again. Considering the number of cookbooks I have, the fact that I keep coming back to this one says a lot. The recipes are relatively simple, with fairly basic ingredients.
on June 20, 2014
This is one of my favourite go-to books.
Every recipe turns out beautifully.
Trish's second book "In My Mother's Kitchen" is great as well. I bought both these for myself and gifts.