biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on May 1, 2011
I'm currently only halfway through this book, but I'm enjoying it completely. This book is more a work of story telling than a novel, and I mean that in a good way. It consists of members of eight generations of a family writing down the story of their lives, shortly before their deaths, for the benefit of their children. Each tale is beautifully linked, and each character is fascinating. I've hardly been able to put this book down.

Will I offend anyone if I say that there is none of the overly stylised or grotesque features that a lot of current Canlit offerings have? There, I said it.
on July 1, 2014
I love this book written my one of my favorite songwriters. Sylvia Tyson writes this family saga so well. I just kept on reading and read it again soon after.
What a treat it is to read a book so imaginative, but certainly probable. Buy It. You will love it.
Thank you Sylvia, I hope you are working on another book!
on April 20, 2011
I really enjoyed Joyner's Deam and think Sylvia Tyson id an awesome job with the family's history. I found it very interesting and entertaining.
on August 17, 2015
I loved this book although it was not what I expected. I especially loved reading about the musical instruments and references to people (musicians) from various places. If you love music....it is definitely a wonderful read.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse