summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 1, 2011
I'm currently only halfway through this book, but I'm enjoying it completely. This book is more a work of story telling than a novel, and I mean that in a good way. It consists of members of eight generations of a family writing down the story of their lives, shortly before their deaths, for the benefit of their children. Each tale is beautifully linked, and each character is fascinating. I've hardly been able to put this book down.

Will I offend anyone if I say that there is none of the overly stylised or grotesque features that a lot of current Canlit offerings have? There, I said it.
on July 1, 2014
I love this book written my one of my favorite songwriters. Sylvia Tyson writes this family saga so well. I just kept on reading and read it again soon after.
What a treat it is to read a book so imaginative, but certainly probable. Buy It. You will love it.
Thank you Sylvia, I hope you are working on another book!
on April 20, 2011
I really enjoyed Joyner's Deam and think Sylvia Tyson id an awesome job with the family's history. I found it very interesting and entertaining.
on August 17, 2015
I loved this book although it was not what I expected. I especially loved reading about the musical instruments and references to people (musicians) from various places. If you love music....it is definitely a wonderful read.
on June 23, 2016
The eccentric characters through generations of the family tree that are gifted with music and masters at thievery but carry a vein of deep depression.