5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & Inspirational!, Feb. 18 2010
Carl Russmann - See all my reviews
This review is from: 397 Ways To Save Money (Paperback)
This is a great book for finding you ways to save money. The author takes you on a tour around your house and life, presenting you with ideas on where you can save money. These range from common sense things to ways that seem almost counterintuitive until you see the bottom line.

And this is where the book shines. Not only are there a lot of ways (397!) presented, but each one has a bottom line that tells you in real dollars and cents how much you can save. The fun writing style of this book makes it a true joy to read, whether you read it cover-to-cover or jump into it looking for ideas that suit your lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Specifically good for Canadians!, June 15 2011
Ronald W. Peters "Ron Peters" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 397 Ways To Save Money (Paperback)
I can't say I'm a big practitioner of the 'frugality' lifestyle - in fact, in my head, I hear my wife howling with laughter as I type this! :-) That said, all of us could stand to painlessly save a few bucks that would otherwise be squandered, am I right? Kerry Taylor gives you - I was going to say umpteen, but it's really 397 isn't it? - simple items that will keep money in your pocket. She lives in Kelowna, BC, so the advice is all applicable to Canadians, which is so often not the case with money-saving ideas from US writers. You will make back the cost of the book itself with little effort. Then go put your savings into things you actually care about. Cheers, Ron

5.0 out of 5 stars Relevant Canadian Content, June 16 2013
This review is from: 397 Ways To Save Money (Paperback)
I carried this book around for some time, and implemented several of the ideas. It was very useful, and relevant to Canadians. Thank-you Kerry; your advice is sound and practical. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice on how to save a few $$, Aug. 16 2009
S. Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: 397 Ways To Save Money (Paperback)
I have been a fan of the blog for a while and wanted to support Kerry and get a little advice at the same time...

It is a great book to give you some sound advice about ways to trim your lifestyle. Some of the items are things that you have already heard at various times in your life, but are still good to be reminded of.

Unfortunately, because she lives in Canada and focused some specific advice around that fact, some bits do not quite fit for the US reader. But the underlying message about finance does translate, and that is what really matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Feb. 21 2010
Nutmeg (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 397 Ways To Save Money (Paperback)
A great book for learning how to save and manage money. It is well written, funny and well worth buying. I completely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: 397 Ways To Save Money (Paperback)
First off I have never read the author's blog before getting this book has a gift before starting university. I must say this is one of the most interesting "money books" I've ever read. The book is very well written to make it interesting for everyone. Personally I've applied a couple of the tricks of the books in my life and was surprise how much I saved in a year! Great book, very recommended.

ARRAY(0xb102a480)

397 Ways To Save Money
397 Ways To Save Money by Kerry Taylor (Paperback - May 15 2009)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 10.82