5.0 out of 5 stars DEBT-FREE FOREVER
For anyone looking to get out of debt and stay out of debt this is the book for you. Gail writes the way she talks on her TV show. She doesn't sugar coat it. You got yourself into the situation and its up to you to get yourself out of it.

Published on Feb. 6 2010 by GRYFFON

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of Basic Stuff You Know Already.
Most of the stuff in this book you have probably already tried or are currently doing. Instead of buying the book, put the money in a change jar. Or better yet, write your own book with your own savings ideas and get rich!!
Published 9 months ago by Chad Hubble

5.0 out of 5 stars DEBT-FREE FOREVER, Feb. 6 2010

You don't just read this book and say oh good book or not so good. You are actually given the steps to take, to make the changes necessary to be debt free.

Buy this book! Get out of debt! Stay out of debt. Live with a lot less stress. I've read a number of books on this subject but none as clear and as motivating as DEBT-FREE FOREVER.

Buy it, read it, take action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard hitting dose of reality in this amazing book!, Feb. 22 2012
Kissjo "kissjo" (edmonton, ab canada) - See all my reviews
I have read many multiple books on money/debt management, and have been trying for years to find a system that works to help us budget accurately. This book was the BIGGEST eye opener that I have had in a long time. I thought I knew just about everything but boy oh boy was I totally wrong. Gails' advice is so brutally honest, and at times, a little hard to take. But, the way she describes the road to success is precise, clear, workable, and anyone can do it. Yes, it will be hard, and yes, many won't like it - seriously, who wants to give up an expensive lifestyle? But, if you want to escape the depths of debt, and want to live a happier, healthier life, sacrifice is necessary, and this book is exactly what I needed to help me on my way.

What impresses me the most is that this book is aimed towards Canadians, whereas so many others (ie: Suze Orman) are not. It covers all the insurance that Canadians can apply for, RRSP investments, Canadian retirement, and contact numbers for every agency you can think of.

Favourite tip: If you think you cannot control your credit card spending while doing the program, throw your credit card into your fish tank or behind your fridge - laughed out loud, but then thought, why not? So far, its worked for me!

I'm already seeing the way I spend changing and this dose of reality was just what I needed to help me along my way to financial freedom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, Feb. 6 2010
I would absolutely recommend this book for anyone looking to establish a great system for money management. Even if you are not "in debt" Gail's simple steps are worth putting into action.

Debt Free Forever

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who has debt needs this book!!!, Oct. 8 2011
K. Johnson - See all my reviews
Oh my gosh!!! I just had to come on here and write a rewiew. I bought this book when I still didn't have that much debt and started reading a bit of it without doing the actual work.
Well here I am about a year later, and i'm mega in debt and now i'm following the book chapter by chapter and doing all the excercises and it's amazing!!!
The math doesn't lie. And it's scary, but as she mentions throughout the book, don't freak out, by reading this book and doing the excercises you are doing something about your debt, and the is the first (and biggest step).
I would recommend this book to anyone with debt, big or little.
I might even go as far to say as this book has literally changed my life and the way I view "things" and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opener, Dec 7 2010
Before I read Gail's book, I knew I was having some issues with money, but had no idea how bad of a situation I was in. Gail has a way of opening your eyes to the reality of your situation, while still giving you hope that there is a way out. easy to follow exercises are supplemented by her online tools. Great book. Worth buying to make notes in, fold pages and keep forever. I keep going back to it for inspiration whenever I feel like I'm off track or about to give on to a temptation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Debt free and happy!, Jan. 4 2012
This book is very down to earth. Provides financial knowledge to those that never learned when you were growing up. It's simple and yet insightful. She provides goals and tactics to really show you what your "needs" and "wants" truly are. I have implemented some of her strategies and it works for me... to really focus on what's important, how to use my money "to work for me" and not against me. Having a pile of debt in a new marriage can really put a damper on your first years of marriage, as it did for me and my husband. Within the first few months of marriage we were constantly arguing about our debt and how we were over spending. We watch, till debt do us part and we looked over our 6 months of spending and analyzed our financial situation. We have really come together as a team, because Gail's methods are true and logical. It makes sense to save when you read her book and having all that "stuff" really cannot help you get out of debt. Being debt free has equated a happier marriage for us and the budget keeps us out of the blame game. Read her book, she seems to only give advice that is helpful and with good intention. Thanks Gail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, Oct. 2 2013
As a budget-phobe, I decided to force myself to read this book. As soon as I started into it, however, I was pleasantly surprised at how painless it was to read and follow. Gail is brutally straightforward and treats the reader as intelligent and capable, not shaming for spending and debt habits, but acknowledging that "stuff happens" so own it and move on, learn from it and do better from now on. Her humour makes all the budget medicine easy to swallow. Good job Gail!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gail Vaz-Oxlade Rocks!!, March 27 2011
Tracey McDonnell (Victoria, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Down to earth, no nonsense approach to managing your money. Gail has a way of making you really think about what you are doing and owning up to potential mistakes being made. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to take an honest look at their finances and actually put together a plan to pay off debt and get back on their feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...., June 3 2013
Elizabeth Ellison "Living Green" (Sherwood Park, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Debt Free Forever: Take Control Of Your Money And Your Life (Paperback)
A great book filled with honest insight and fantastic information. Everyone can benefit from the solid information contained in this gem of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars she did it again!, June 2 2012
thanks gail for all advice its really a big help.now im so addicted in saving money and i want to know some more ways how to save.This book is highly recommended.Once you read the first chapter you dont wanna put it down.This is the third book that i already read and for me 5 star is not enough.

Debt Free Forever: Take Control Of Your Money And Your Life
Debt Free Forever: Take Control Of Your Money And Your Life by Gail Vaz-Oxlade (Paperback - Dec 12 2011)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87