march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store Furniture sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 1, 2016
Perfect quality - plan to read it at some point!
on December 22, 2015
I'm a huge fan of both Dragon's Den and Shark Tank and on TV Robert is one of my favourites. But this book is AWEFUL! It's a classic narcissistic puff piece that keeps hammering home this general point:

"I've achieved a lot of success because I'm obsessive, other people (like you) might be content with having less but I'm not and that's why I'm better than you".

He comes off sounding like such a self-rightous douchebag.

You would think that his immigrant background and coming to Canada with $20 would make him more humble and grateful and honestly want to help others succeed. Turns out, inside he's the classic insecure narcissistic millionaire that will likely be sad, lonely and full of regret in his old age.

Too bad.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure comes off this way in the book which is not very well written at all. You would think that if someone is going to yammer on about giving the customers quality for 200 pages that they would have higher standards for what they write. If he wasn't a TV star nobody would care about this book.
on November 3, 2015
Bad
on May 28, 2015
I have to say I am sorry I spent about $30 CAD at Chapters for this book. It was not money well spent and I had a hard time finishing it because of the seemingly boastful statements and claims by the author. I have to say the poor reviews listed here are correct for the most part in their comments and I wish would have read some before investing time and money in this book. If you are looking for inspiration and good detailed advice it doesn't deliver. For the record I appreciate Robert is a Canadian success story and that's great. I wish him continued success. I just won't be buying any more of his books. I'll gladly sell you my copy if you are still interested!
on January 13, 2015
Great insights for entrepreneurs, and those who work for "driven" individuals. I found the first half of the book a bit scattered as far as flow, but the second half seemed to flow and there were some real nuggets of insight. Thanks for taking the time to write this out, clearly from your experiences and from your heart.
on November 12, 2014
Very good!
on September 29, 2014
Excellent!
on September 18, 2014
He more or less just bashed others from Dragon's Den.
on August 29, 2014
Good info
on September 23, 2013
Mr. Herjavec's notes implicitly draw parallels between business and life. It's easy to read if you have a mind and taste for organizing your thoughts and habits in order to improve your chances at success.